Forgiveness

Vaidehi's pov

I was nervous when I told him that we are going to be parents soon. But suddenly I remembered our conversation, when he told me that he didn't want to have a family!
Though when I looked into his eyes now he had nothing but tears of happiness—running down from his eyes; I cupped his face in my hands and wiped his tears from my thumb.

"You have no idea...how much it makes me happy..that I am going to be a father..."

I was speechless to see his reaction, suddenly he hugged—engulfing me in his arms,as he cried. I immediately wrapped my arms around him and soothing him.

As it made me worried to see him like this...

Emmanuel's pov

I was so happy hear that I am going to be dad soon. I looked at my wife—and she gazed back with tenderness in her eyes. She cupped my face and planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

____

"Vaidehi—I have decided something.." I paused for a moment as I realized something. "But first.." I walked out the room to approach him. And Vaidehi followed behind me.

"Dad!" He looked at me.

"You were right—I was angry that you left me in middle of nowhere but now I have realized that how important second chances are...and I know now how rare it is to get a second chance..." I slowly walked toward him. "So here I am dad...asking you for a second chance to be a better son!"

My dad immediately hugged me and I felt his tears dripping over my shirt. "I am sorry beta, I know it took me awhile to realize it..that it wasn't your fault! But please forgive me and give me the second chance to be a better dad..than I should have been to you!" I felt like that I was being pulled out of my grief and slowly the peace was washing over me.
I was ready to start fresh...with my family.

Karthik's pov

5 months ago...

"How come you are here?!" She asked with a stern yet unreadable look in her eyes.

"Don't pretend..you know everything.." I replied.
I closed my eyes as I relived how she left the hospital and what happened afterwards?

I was frozen at my place when I saw her walking out the hospital...and next moment I was running out of the hospital to stop her but...she was gone!

Few days later I found out that the head off the hospital was terminated from his position in the hospital and to save the reputation of the hospital they immediately appointed someone else. And few days later after I took off from work as I felt sick—and while quarantining I realized something that..

*Flashback*

'My head!' I woke up in the middle of night as my head started to throb with pain.

I slowly removed my duvet and wore my sweatshirt before heading to the kitchen and drank some water and then went to my balcony for some fresh air. I immediately stopped when I noticed pitter-patter of rain. I sighed and went back inside and watched the drizzle of the rain until I dozed off for a moments until the realization hit me... "I shouldn't have let her go!" I whispered to myself in disappointment. In that moment I had decided that I'll tell her how I feel about her.
*Flashback ends*

In the present moment I could feel her unmoving eyes on me without an inch of doubt.

"Well...it's getting late i am going to bed..good night!"