U turn

Vaidehi's pov

Right now it's 4:30 pm and I am 7 km away from Radhi's house—the bus i took was supposed to drop off me to a local bazar but due to bad weather conditions the driver of that bus had to drop us outside the town. The rain hasn't stopped since morning and my hands have worn off by holding umbrella for 3 hrs straight.

Suddenly I saw a flashing light from a approaching car as it slowed down. In fear I clutched my umbrella hard in case to defend myself if it turns out to be some bad guys.

I looked around and saw a steep downhill leading toward something looking like a village perhaps? And without thinking I kinda ran towards it. But suddenly I felt the car stopped and someone was approaching me.
In fear I felt my ears ringing and suddenly my umbrella fell down in hurry..the only thing I could think of was to keep myself safe.

"D-don't come near me." I shouted at the person following me and immediately I grabbed a fallen branch and swang it with my both hand toward that person when they tried to come near me.
But it went all in vain when that person not only blocked it but also held me by my wrist. I closed my eyes in fear.

'This is it, Vaidehi! This is how you are going to die!'

"Hello?! Miss? Can you hear me?" I flickered my eyes open and notice a man staring down at me.

'How did I end up here?' 

"You passed out..I was approaching you to ask about direction since I was lost..but I think I scared you off." He paused. "Sorry about that."

"It's alright." I stood up from the ground and dusted my cloths.

"I am Agastya."

"Namaste,  I am Vaidehi." I greeted him politely. He glanced at me with a amused smile.

"Soo you said you were lost? Can I help you?" I asked composing myself.

"Please..." he pressed his lips into a thin smile. " I am looking for this address." He showed me his phone.

"Ummmm..why are you going there?!" I immediately asked as I recognized the address.

"You know this address...?!"

"Yes..this is my best friend's house." I blurted out.

"Oh that's nice! I happened to know Mir and his family." He smiled fidgeting with his phone and then he placed it in his coat's pocket. "It's been almost a decade since I saw him." He looked distant in thoughts.

"You must be excited to see your friend?" I said. "I am also going there...it's just 2 hrs walk from here..."

"Oh that would be awesome..I have my car parked nearby. We can drive there." He said.

And to this point I don't know how I feel about going with a complete stranger in his car.

"Thanks..but before going there I have to stop by somewhere." I made an excuse.

"Oh.." he sounded like he was disappointed or something.

"But don't worry I'll tell you the way....just keep going on this road and when you see the first right take that and then again keep on going then take another right and then take left and go straight and the first house in white colour you see is your destination."  When I was done telling the direction I noticed him staring at me with a weird look like he was confused.

"I am sorry..what!??! He asked.

"I am sorry if I confused you." I apologized frantically.

"Don't fret! I was just joking! I got it!" He smiled. "Thank you, Vaidehi!" He said.

"Welcome." I replied.

"Now. I must leave..see you soon."  He stated.

"But before I leave...i have to ask...if you don't mind me of course—where are you stopping by?"

I felt my throat drying up when he asked me that. "I—

"Vaidehi!" I suddenly looked in the direction of that voice and saw him.

Emmanuel's pov

As Karthik drove the car in a silence, I tried to distract myself from worrying about Miss Rana by looking at rain that was profusely drumming against the car's window.

"Anna..you okay?" He asked.

"I—yes." I stammered.

Suddenly he steered the wheel quickly as we approached a very sharp turn.

"Watch out!" I said and in the moment I felt like that I had experienced this before and this was when I and my Amma were in car that day..it was raining too.

'Amma!!!'

"Anna are you alright?!" Karthik asked in worried tone and I just look at him unable to speak for a min until.

"Take a U-turn we're going back!" I said.

'I don't know but I feel like..that I am making mistake by leaving Vaidehi behind. Here I thought I'll be okay..even I'll live alone but I know that's not true...all this time I wasn't alone..her thoughts and memories were with me...and even though I can live with them but right now I don't want live like this!'

"Okay!" He replied knowingly with a relived smile.

While on our way back to Miss Rana's house I saw Meera walking down hill and waving her hands to get our attention.

"Meera?!" Karthik exclaimed in a surprised tone as he slowed the car down.

"Doc. —Vaidehi..she left!" She said catching her breath.

"What?"

"Yes..and I know where she went?!"

"You are not driving!" Karthik said cutting her off. "Just sit in the backseat and and tell us the direction!"

"Okay." She replied calmly.

"So what happened to Vaidehi? Why she left so suddenly now that everything was back to normal?!" Karthik asked.

"Well...she just wanted to something else in life but she's going somewhere else." Meera sighed. "She just...don't want to be a burden anymore."

I thought deeply about Meera's last sentence..'what does she mean by being burden?

"Stop the car!" I told karthik and the car came to a halt, immediately.

"Anna where are you going?"

To be continued..