Precious

Karthik pov

I couldn't believe that my brother left his precious work-life for a stranger girl whom he met like 4 months ago..and lived with her in same apartment for 2 weeks.

'Maybe she is my last hope to take my brother home. To make up my mistake for not being there for my brother when he needed me the most. God if I wasn't a stupid teenager back then—then I would have stopped him from leaving the house..but in reality I blamed him for moms's accident like dad did.'

That day he moved out from the house not only with his luggage but also with sorrow, guilt—even though he did nothing wrong—he suffered more pain then we did. First mom then his family—he lost everything in that accident. But if Vaidehi is his happiness then I'll move all the mountains to make her—his!

"Vaidehi..I am sorry." I began. "It was my fault that you had to go through—

"Please don't be sorry." She said softly and I noticed my brother eyes on her. "You didn't know." She smiled a little which made me feel even worse about me.

Emmanuel's pov

After a fairly short drive we all reached to Meera's house. She parked the car by the curb of the road and we all got out it.

_____

"Here's towels for you guys—dry your yourself I'll make some tea for us."

"Thanks"

"Anna, she hasn't spoken a word." Karthik said as he approached me.

"I noticed."
She looked so deep and distanced in her thoughts like she was spaced out.

Vaidehi's Pov

No matter how much i tried to forget, it always came back to me..I didn't mean to hurt anyone.
'Why would I ruin my own cousin's life?' I wanted to cry..but I knew I couldn't especially not in front of him.

"Miss Rana, you gonna catch cold if you kept sitting here in the wet cloths." He walked toward me and sat near me.

He gently wrapped the towel around my shoulder and removed a strand of my hair from my face and put it behind the ear and I just simply gaze at him as I remember his words from earlier.

"I choose to stay!"

'I wonder if he actually meant it.'

I blinked twice before accidentally noticing his scar on the right side on his forehead that was slightly hidden by his wavy hair-which-now i could see properly due to proximity of him being so close to me.

Without thinking I reached my hand to touch it and he curiously glanced at me. Suddenly my heart started to beat faster noticing how close we were.

And everything became blur around me except him—as I looked into his dark brown worried eyes i felt my tears spilling as I remembered this morning's incident.

"You are disgrace to this family! Just get out!" My father's words echoed in my ears. I looked down and closed my eyes to keep my tears at bay but then I felt a soft touch. I looked up and saw—him wiping my tears.

Emmanuel's pov

"Dr.." Her tear dropped on my hand and I felt her soft small hands cupping my face as she began saying something in a different language that I couldn't understood but..
but my heartbeat paused listening to her. "..I am sorry." She said before running away.

"Let her go." Meera stood by the door while holding a tea tray in her hand with a serious look on her face.

"Did you hear what she say?!" I desperately asked.