I saw a dream

Emmanuel's pov.

"Just now we received the news from our sources that the Covid cases are rising in big cities rapidly and it is estimated that there will be 1000 case more by this week...—" The news broadcasted on channels and were showing devastating stories with images on the screens. I grabbed the remote and turned off the Tv.

"Dr. Bisht...

suddenly I felt dizzy.

"Dr. Emmanuel...are you okay?" He asked concernedly.

"Just a little tired..I'll be fine."

"How many days have you been here?" He asked.

"Since last two weeks...and he's hasn't slept since 4 days..as we were getting so many Covid cases." Neelam interjected.

"What is this, Emmanuel? At least take rest today.."

"No Dr Bisht, as long as I am healthy and able..I'll not run away from my duty.."

He looked at for a brief moment like he was studying me.

In sec a deep yet short lived silence broke when I heard a rush coming in the hospital.

"What happened?!"

"Landslide! They were travelling back home and the land slid down due to heavy rain in mountains."

"Emmanuel Stop!" Dr Bisht said before I could leave the room.

Vaidehi's pov

After finishing some house chores I sat on the sofa and scrolled through social media until..

I received a call from unknown number..nonetheless I picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Hi!"

"Who's this?"

"Karthik...remember two weeks ago..we met..I came to my Anna's house?!"

"Oh. How can I help you?" I said confusedly.

"Anna has tested positive for Covid...they are bringing him there...so just make sure you stay away from him.."

"But—

"-You heard me Vaidehi ....it's for your own good. And I am sure this is what Anna wants for you too.." I was shock and worried for him.

"How long he has to stay quarantine?" I asked.

"10-14 days."  I immediately went to his room and made sure everything he'd need was there.

I wondered if he ate something or not. "Karthik sir I'll keep in mind everything you just said. Please take care of yourself...and I'll talk you later."

"Alright Vaidehi..take care."

Emmanuel's pov.

It has been 2 days since I have been quarantining in my room. And Vaidehi has been providing me with food and water and kadah (ayurvedic drink to cure treat cold) the kadah taste a bit weird (even though I couldn't taste much) but still for her sake I have to drink or she wouldn't talk to me. I still remember our conversation from 2 days ago.

"Miss Rana what is in the cup?!" I asked from my room.

"That's kadah!" She sounded proud. "It will help you to reduce your cold symptoms!"

"I have medicine for that"I replied.

"I know you're a doctor...but please for my sake drink it!" She sounded worried. "Or I wouldn't talk to you!" She added.