Lockdown

Vaidehi's pov

"Nurse ji...what's happening here?!" I asked worriedly.

"A pandemic...just not here but all over the world...many people are dying...since it's very contagious." She tied the bandage very carefully wrapping around my arm.

"Okay beta ji...done! Now make sure you take rest..and don't go out..and if you need something then just press this button."

"Thank you nurse ji.." I replied with a smile.

"Your welcome.."

I glanced at my phone...and thought how should I get out from here and reach my home as soon as possible.

Four hours were passed by then when I watched the time on my phone.

I stood up from my bed and walked to the near table where water container was kept. As I was filling my glass with water..I suddenly felt sharp pain in my right arm...and noticed blood coming out of it.

Emmanuel's pov

I went to my apartment and changed into my regular clothes after taking a bath before heading to my bed.

As soon as I walked to the bed, my pager beeped. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and hurriedly wore my PPE and ran back to the hospital which was only 8 mins away from the my place.

"Ms Neelam...what happened?!" I asked the nurse on night duty.

"Patient in room 24 has an emergency situation...we didn't have any doctor on night duty for non-Covid cases."

"Isn't she, Dr. Rajshri' s patient?!" I asked as she led me to that room.

"Yes... but she can't come!"

"Why not?!"

"She's Covid positive...and she's admitted to Covid ward room no 220.." I stopped in my way.
"What?!"

"Sir please let's go...that poor girl is in lot of pain!" She said with worry in her eyes like a mother has for her child.

I entered the room with Neelam and saw her lying on her bed.

"We need to shift her in icu! I think this wound could be infected." I said examining her arm.

"Bring a stretcher!" I instructed.

"We don't have any stretcher in this area right now...the supplies delivery is coming tomorrow." Neelam replied nervously.

'Damn it!'

"Ready the icu right now!" I said.

I carefully placed my hand under her head and picked her up in my arms and walked her to the icu. I worrirdly looked at her. Her beautiful amber eyes  were slowly closing even though she was trying her best to keep her eyes open. My heartbeat became fast as she was loosing her consciousness.

"Vaidehi...open your eyes!" I shouted as I rushed to the ICU.

Vaidehi' s pov

The fluorescent white light came in focus as I opened my eyes. The faint beeping sound was now becoming very clear and loud enough to give me headache.

"You scared us!"

"I am sorry?" I said confusedly.

"I said...you scared us!"  She repeated her word in a most taunting way and now that  I was thinking about it..I knew that voice. It was nurse ji.. the same person from yesterday who did my bandages. She sounded worried.

Suddenly the door opened and someone entered the room.

"Hello Miss Rana, I am Dr. Emmanuel Abhiram Agarwal. How are you feeling now? He said in calm voice. Even though he was fully covered from head to toe in a protective white clothing, I still recognized him from yesterday the same guy who scolded me in the lobby area.

"Do you know how it happened?!" He asked sternly.

"N-no not that I remember...but my head hurts..." I replied.

"Don't think about it...just try to rest." He said while writing something in a file.

"When can I go home?"

He tilted his head in my direction.

"Vaidehi..is it?"

"Yes."

"So Vaidehi..don't you know that there's a pandemic going on and more over you see ...that you are in ICU!" He said sarcastically implying.

I closed my eyes for a moment thinking how could I forgot about that! Plus 21 days lockdown until further notice!

"I am sorry!" I said while trying my hardest not to cry.

Emmanuel's pov

I felt bad the way I talked to her. I wanted to say sorry too, for my behaviour for now and earlier but I couldn't bring myself to talk to her..after I made her sad.

I noticed a tears forming in her eyes but she closed her eyes, her cheeks turned red and so did her nose. She looked in a different direction in order to hid her tears.

"So...Ms. Neelam will be here with your food and medicine..okay?"

She didn't reply but kept looking in a the same direction lost in her thoughts.

To be continued...

Vote , share and comment

❤️