Daan's pov

To say that the conversation between Leah and Eleanore was a disaster, was an understatement. It didn't come as a surprise though. If there was something the young girl struggled with it was talking about her feelings.

I could understand where she was coming from. In the period that I got to know her, no one could deny that she had gone to hell and back in her still short life.

However, what did surprise us was the tone the two best friends used. They've fought before, everyone does but it was rare and definitely not like this.

"Well, that was a bust." Beth sighed out.

"What are we gonna do now?" I asked both women.

"Calling the one person who can get through to her." Leah said while picking up her phone. Both me and Beth shared a glance at one another, completely confused on who she was gonna call but we both hoped Leah was right.

No one's pov:

Days had passed since the incident between the two best friends, but not alot had changed. Ellie continued to party without a care in the world. She kept to herself and closed herself off from the rest. Leah continued to be pissed off at the girl's behavior. Even though she was more worried than pissed off, she tried her best not to show it. Leah just hoped that the person she'd called would be arriving soon and that she could knock some sense into the young midfielder.

Today Ellie had a check up appointment with the hospital. Theoretically she was cleared from all her injuries even her head injury but the check ups were mandatory.

She was waiting in an assigned room on the surprisingly comfortable bed bored out of her mind. To pass the time she decided to post something on her Instagram story.

(Picture of her on the hospital bed - bored out of my mind so send questions and I might answer 😊✌️)

She was scrolling through the questions, trying to answer some of them when she came across a message from a certain Spanish midfielder.

Alexiaputellas
Oh Dios mio! Please tell me you're not in the hospital again?!

Eleanoremqueen7
Why? You're worried Putellas?

Alexiaputellas
No…
Okay fine. Yes.

Eleanoremqueen7
Oh I feel honored.

Alexiaputellas
Whatever, I take it back. 

Eleanoremqueen7
What? No you can't take it back. You already typed it therefore you can't take it back 🥺

Alexiaputellas
Good thing you're cute, Queen. So are you?

Eleanoremqueen7
What? Cute? I like to think so 😏

Alexiaputellas
In the hospital…

Eleanoremqueen7
Technically yes, but I'm just her for a routine check up so don't worry I'm fine.

Alexiaputellas
Good to hear. So besides the fact you're bored out of your mind, how are you doing?

Eleanoremqueen7
I've been better but I'm fine. You?

Alexiaputellas
I'm good. Want to talk about it?

Eleanoremqueen7
Not really, but I guess that's what got me into this mess in the first place. It's just that facing my feelings isn't really something I'm good at. I don't like to talk about my feelings.

Alexiaputellas
I understand but take it from someone who totally agrees with you about the whole feeling thing, talking helps even though I hate to admit it.
Don't tell Jenni I said that 😅

Eleanoremqueen7
I won't, your secret's safe with me 😉
Thanks by the way. For the help.

Alexiaputellas
My pleasure. When you decide that you're ready, just know I'm here for you and I'm all ears.

I was so focused on my phone that I hadn't noticed the doctors walking in. When they made their presence known, I almost fell off my bed making doctor Shepherd laugh.

"Funny." I mumbled.

"Very." She smirked. "Eleanore, this is doctor Wilson. She will be tagging along today. You're okay with that?" The older woman looked at me.

"Sure, but call me Ellie. I mean considering the amount of times I've seen you these past few months, we're basically friends."

This made both doctors laugh. "Well then Ellie, you should call me Amelia." She gave me a genuine smile. "So how's everything going?

"Fine! Everything's fine." I replied instantly. The doctor looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"I hope you never dreamed of a career in acting because you'd suck. Stick to football." The doctor chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I looked at her putting my hand on my chest.

"That you're a terrible liar and I've heard Meredith use that line a million times before. So spill." She gave me a challenging look.

"I had a fight with Leah. It's just I have a hard time dealing with what happened, maybe developed some bad habits and that frustrates her. I get where she's coming from. I really do, but I'm just not ready to face it all and to talk about it." I looked at my hands.

"Look, I get that it might be hard for you but she means well, besides talking helps you know."

"So I've heard." I mumbled

"Just think about it." She smiled and we discussed the further check up.

Now I was waiting in my room again on the last results of the head scan when doctor Wilson walked in. Apparently she needed some blood so now she was in the process of taking some.

"I know how you feel, you know." She suddenly said without looking up from her task.

"I bet you do." I replied without emotion. You see it's what they all say. They all say they know what I'm going through but in reality they don't.

"Everything that happened to you is playing on a constant loop in your mind. Because of it you can't sleep and you can't seem to think about anything else. You desperately want it to stop so you can finally forget that it ever happened to you but you can't make it stop. To make matters worse everyone around you wants to help you and be there for you causing you more harm than good. So that's why you're looking for ways to forget about everything and push people away because after what you've been through you believe that it's better to be alone than to open up and get hurt again. Yeah, been there, done that." She said in one breath, only looking up from what she was doing at the end of her rant.

"Okay, so you do know." I said surprised.

"I've been in your shoes. I know what it's like. Nobody should tell you how to feel if you're not ready for that. Do it on your own time but dont push them away. You need people in your corner. The things we've seen, the things that we've faced, no one should do them alone. Trying is the biggest mistake you can make. Just keep that in mind."

"I will thanks."

"There, all done. Doctor Shepherd will come shortly with the results and then you should be good to go." She packed all of her stuff, said goodbye and left.

And like she said, a little later doctor Shepherd came back with the result which luckily they were fine, thank God. She gave me some pointers on what I still had to do to make sure my recovery would continue to go as planned. From now on I was officially allowed to play games.

Upon arriving home, I noticed that all the cars were gone and that I would be alone at home. I didn't really mind though. Leah and I weren't on the best terms and I knew that Daan, Beth and Jordan didn't really know what to do either.

I was in the kitchen preparing a salad for lunch when there was a knock on the door. I dried my hands and made my way to the door. When I opened it, I was in complete shock.

"Hey, can I come in?"