"Ready to train with the big girls again?"

"So I can beat your ass?" I looked at her with a matching smirk on my face.

"You can kick my ass anytime. I'm just glad to see you okay and on the pitch again." She gave me a soft smile this time. Dawn pulled me aside and because Kelley wasn't letting go of me, she was pulled aside too.

"You can warm up with them. Take it easy though. I don't want you to over do it. After warm ups we will work together individually okay? When the training is done, you're on bed rest! I want to give her head the best rest possible. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am!" I saluted her.

"Now go." She smiled at me. You didn't have to tell me twice.

"Last one who joins the group buys dinner!" I yelled and sprinted towards the rest of the girls. Kelley tried to grab my shirt but just missed. She sprinted after me but it was no use.

I laughed at her for being the loser and believe me she is a sore one but this time she just accepted it. Like Dawn told me, I did my warm ups with the team. It was nice to be a part of the team again even though it was just for a little bit.

After that Dawn and I trained together just the two of us. It was an easy training but I got to kick a ball around again so I'll take it. When we were all done we grabbed a shower and went back to the hotel where I was forced to stay in my room to rest for the whole afternoon. I was scrolling through my Instagram when I landed on the USWNT page.

(Video of Ellie walking onto the field talking to the cameraman, one where her teammates cheer for her that she's back and last one where she and Kelley are being silly.)

Viviannemiedema, alexiaputellas, masonmount and 567.896 others liked this post.

Uswnt look who's back. Back again. The superstar is back tell a friend 😏

Viviannemiedema Ja superster! ⭐️
User1 These are the things we like to see.
User2 Good that she's back. We're gonna need her at the World cup.
          •User3 No we don't. She's too young. and inexperienced. She's gonna cost us our star.
          •User4 @user3 so according to you 4 or so years with Arsenal is inexperienced? Sure, you're right 😅
          •User2 @user4 👏👏👏
          Daniellevddonk tell them @user4 🥳
Rueshalj Come back please. I haven't seen you in like forever 😫 I miss you 🥺
          •Eleanoremqueen7 @rueshalj you saw me last week 😅 but I miss you to.
          •Katie_mccabe11 @rueshalj @eleanoremqueen7 what I'm I to the both of you? Chopped liver? What about me?
          •Eleanoremqueen7 we love and miss you too @katie_mccabe11
          •Rueshalj yeah, sure what she said @katie_mccabe11
User5 I've heard that she and Jacob have broken up, maybe she and Kelley can finally be together. I mean come on there cute.
          •User6 OMG, yes!
          •Eleanoremqueen7 eww no 🤢 she's my sister 😅

I laughed at all the comments on the post. Some made me cringe like the one with Jacob and obviously the one where they'd say I wasn't good enough but the others made me feel loved or made me laugh my ass off. My friends were hilarious, like Rue and Katie.

I was just chilling like I promised Dawn when suddenly I got a notification on Instagram. When I read who the sender from the message was I froze. I couldn't breathe. The soccer player that I've looked up to for quite awhile now just texted me.

Alexiaputellas
So the superstar is back on the field 😉

Eleanoremqueen7
Ha I guess so although I don't know about the superstar part 😅