Chapter Thirteen

Hey yall! Hope you are enjoying my chapters... comment maybe?

outfit on the side >> 

Chapter Thirteen

After I sign in they herd us into the actual coliseum, unlike last time when everything happened outdoors.

 The coliseum is loud, and crazy, filled with people singing or screaming or freaking out that they are actually here to try out.

There is a camera crew taping the crowds holding up posters and screaming, “We love X Factor”.

 The crowd begins to get even crazier when the host of this thingsteps out into the center of the coliseum that I only just noticed. He stands in front of little booths that look like they are voting booths, separated by thin blue sheets.

 “HELLO LONG ISLAND!” He shouts, “ARE YOU READY?”

 The crowd screams on the top of their lungs.

“I SAID ARE YOU READDDYY???”

 They scream louder.

 The girls and I begin to laugh at how crazy this is. We are standing in the Nassau Coliseum screaming for the taping of the X Factor. At least if I don’t get in, I can say that I was there.

 They begin to call out sections of where people are standing to come down and line up so they can go into the booths.

The first section they call is 4b.

 “Erin that’s our section!” Tori grabs my hand and starts leading me downwards.

 Oh no.

I wasn’t expecting to be called first. What do I do? What if I am not ready?

 I begin to freak out as we wait online for me to go into a booth.

 “Relllaxxx.” My sister rubs my back, “We have all already told you that you got this. You can do it”

 Its my turn and a lady with an earpiece pushes me into a booth.

 In the booth is a man sitting at the table looking at notes on a tablet, also with an earpiece, and seems to be very bored.

“Name.” He barks out an order.

 “Ummm Erin Torro.” I tell him nervously.

 Its loud and I can hear other people singing and being asked questions at the same time as me. The sheets aren’t really sound proof so I know I am going to really have to raise my voice.

 “Age.”

“I am 17 in a month sir.”

 “What is the first song you will be singing?”

I take a deep breath before I say, “Rolling in the Deep”

 “There’s a fire starting in my heart,

 Reaching fever pitch and its bringing me out of the dark,

The scars of your love they leave me breathless,

 I can’t help thinking.

 We could have had it all

 Rolling in the deep

 You had my heart inside of your hands

 But you played it to the beat.”

 I stop breathless waiting for my next order.

 “No more needed. Here is a green sticker. Put it on your shirt and the person outside will lead you and your guests to the correct line.” He tells me.