Feelings Of The Heart

Y/N POV

After another hour I make my way back home. For the rest of the day I keep to myself. As I get ready for bed Blake finally decides to try and break me.

Blake: "Alright Y/N, what's wrong? You've been quiet ever since you got back."

I discard my shirt.

Y/N: "Just got a lot on my plate."

She slips on a sleep shirt.

Blake: "Like?"

I lay down.

Y/N: "Life."

She snuggles close to my side draping her arm over my chest.

Blake: "Talk to me, please."

I sigh.

Y/N: "Life's changing Blake. Faster than I want it to."

Blake: "Describe it."

Y/N: "I've just come a long way. Seems like only yesterday I was wanted in cuffs. Now look at me. Married with a daughter who I share a hero title with. Time's just flying by. I'm almost forty."

She holds my hand.

Blake: "Is that what this' about? Getting older?"

Y/N: "Not only that but the whole situation with my dying father."

I slightly tighten my grip.

Y/N: "I'm so scared Blake. Time's changed so much. I just wish I could go back to when it was just me and you against the troubles of school. Don't you?"

She sighs.

Blake: "I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the old days. Back then life seemed so much simpler. All we had to worry about was whether or not we'd pass the next upcoming test."

She sits up hovering over my face.

Blake: "But it's gonna be okay. We'll make it. I mean we managed to raise a superpowered child. If we can do that I've no doubt we can easily take on the thought of getting older."

She gives me a soft kiss before laying her head on my chest.

Blake: "It'll be okay Y/N. As long as we're together, we'll be alright. I promise."

I smile pulling her closer.

Y/N: "I love you Blake."

She giggles.

Blake: "I love you too."

*meanwhile*

On the edge of Vacuo we see a bright stary night. A shooting star then lights up the sky. As it passes Vacuo academy its lights flicker. After passing the academy it hits the sandy dunes. Going to it we see a large rock. It cracks open emitting a long hiss. Nothing seems to happen. But after a couple seconds a mass of unidentifiable goo seeps out. 

A stray sand rat walks to the rock to investigate. The goo rattles before ejecting itself at the rat. It squeals while thrashing its body trying to get the goo off of itself. But the goo seeps through the rat's body going under its skin. The rat emits a loud shrill as its eyes become solid white. Its body then twists and cracks becoming bipedal. After a quieter shrill it runs through the desert to an unknown location.