Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Miranda's POV

"So, what do you think?" I asked, cradling the egg in my arms. Elrond was silent, staring at the egg. It was so radiant, the forest and even the sun above us seemed dimmer by comparison.

"Will you hatch it?" He asked.

I paused, looking down at the egg, I frowned, "I would like to try if I can, but I don't know."

"Some would say it is ill-advised," he warned, my frown deepened. "But let's go back to the library, there are some books that might help you." My face brightened and after placing the egg into my pack, I stood up.

~*~

"How are you doing over there?" Elrond called. We were in the library and had been for quite some time.

"Nothing over here," I informed. It turned out that finding books on dragons was a lot harder a task than it had first appeared.

There was a knock at the library door and I peeked out from behind a bookshelf as Elrond answered, "Come in!"

The door swung open to reveal a maid wearing an apron with something that looked like flour stuck to her face. Her brown hair was up in a messy bun and she seemed a bit nervous. When her green eyes met mine, I gave her a soft smile which seemed to calm her down a bit. "My-my Lord, My Lady, s-supper is ready, and everyone is waiting for you." She looked about the room and continued, "Or would you like your meal to be brought here?"

"I could use the break," Elrond said, standing straight and regal. "Would you care to join me My Lady?"

I thought about it, "As long as I am not treated as someone that will break, I would be happy to accompany you." I said, accepting the arm he offered to me.

"Leave your pack here," I tensed, and he continued. "I will lock the doors, but you should know that you do not have anything to worry about. None here would steal from you."

I nodded and gently placed my pack onto a table. The maid quickly excused herself and we made our way to the dining room.

"My Lord," Tauriel said as she quickly stood from her seat with Kili and bowed.

"Father!" Arwen exclaimed before turning to me and smiling sweetly at me. "Luna!"

"Sit," Elrond said, pulling out a chair and offering me the seat before moving to his own. "Let us eat."