Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Miranda's POV

I asked a maid to draw me a bath and I happily soaked in the tub as she washed my hair.

"Thank you for doing this," I told her as she scrubbed my scalp.

"Anything you need Princess," she said.

"Don't call me that," I spoke calmly. "Call me Luna."

"I can't do that Princess. It would not be proper," She said, rinsing my hair.

"Of course, you can. I insist," I urged.

"Alright," She relented.

"Luna," I prompted.

"Luna." She said, I could hear the smile in her voice.

"So, what is your name?" I asked her as she began to scrub my scalp again.

"Isoye," She told me.

"It's beautiful," I smiled.

"Thank you miss," she said.

"Ah, what did we talk about?" I asked her, a playful note in my voice.

"Sorry. Luna," She amended. I smiled again and focused on relaxing. "Alright, I am all done with your hair. I'll leave a dress for you on your bed."

"Thank you Isoye," I said.

"Of course, mis- Luna," She corrected. With that, she bowed and left.

~*~

Once I was all clean, and ever-so-slightly pruney. I stepped out from the basin and dried off. Wrapping the towel around me I walked out to find a scarlet red dress.

After putting it on, I found that it wasn't just scarlet, but it was dyed in such a way that it looked like it was on fire. The A-line skirt flared out at the waist and the back had a bit of a train. The scoop neckline and long sleeves made it look modest. There was a thin layer of chiffon on top that swished and swayed with every movement.

Walking over to the jewelry box, I pulled out the crown that the dwarves had made for me. I watched as the colors shifted and changed to match my look. I smiled twirling around.

"Miss?" I turned around and saw Isoye. "Sorry. Luna."

"It's alright. No need to apologize. Change takes time," I said smiling softly at her.

"Would you like me to do your hair and makeup?" She asked, holding up a tray.

I nodded, "Yes please." I sat down and she got to work.

When she was done, she had me look in the mirror. My hair was over my left shoulder in a loose ponytail, the ends were curled, and she had curled my fringe to frame my face. Pale pink rouge rested on my cheeks and my lips were a scarlet red. She had curled my lashes and she was standing there looking extremely nervous.

"I love it," I said. "Thank you Isoye."

"Really?" She asked, clasping her hands together in front of her chest, a hopeful look on her face.

"Really." I confirmed, admiring myself in the mirror. "I think you could do this full time."

She audibly sighed in relief. "Are you ready to go down to dinner?" I adjusted my crown, slipped on a pair of scarlet red heels, and nodded.