32: Tougher than Nails

"Wakey, wakey." A mans distorted voice sounded as someone poked my shoulder. My head throbbed as I slowly peered my eyes open. I had to blink my eyes a few times until my vision wasn't blurry. My eyes wandered the surrounding forest until they set on the man that had captured me.

I narrowed my eyes at the man as I seethed, "You!"

"Took you long enough to wake up." Owen smirked at me.

"Where am I?" I tried moving but found that I was tied to a tree. Again! Really?! I mentally whined.

"Where does it look like princess?" Owen grinned as he crouched in front of me. My teeth clenched as I held myself back from making a sarcastic remark.

"Now she's silent!" Owen laughed as he sat across from me on a tree root. "Doesn't feel too good being on the other end, does it?"

I averted my gaze and tried figuring out a way to escape. Only if I had my knife stashed up my sleeve.. This is when I noticed that my jacket had been removed and I was left in Daryls long sleeved shirt.

"This is how it's gonna work sweetheart. You're going to answer my questions and for every question you try to sneak your way out of I'll take a slice out of your body! Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal." I muttered. Even though it wasn't my exact words I was beyond pissed that he'd use them against me!

"Good." He smiled evilly. "I'll start off easy. Where would have you started cutting me if I hadn't answered your questions?"

"Your arms." I admitted.

"What is your full name?"

"Ruby Smith."

"Well Ruby Smith, we are going to have a grand time getting to know each other today!"

I rolled my eyes as he continued.

"How old are you?"

"Twenty-five."

"Twenty-five? Isn't that a little young to be dating that redneck?"

"I don't see why that matters." I sneered.

Owen nodded his head and lifted my fathers necklace from his pocket. "Where did you find this necklace?"

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled as I fought against the ropes.

"Tsk tsk!" Owen shook his head. "What did we just discuss?"

My body vibrated as I glared at Owen. I wanted nothing more to than rip his head off! When I didn't answer him he picked up my knife he had taken from my belt and waved it in front of my face.

"Dare I repeat myself?"

I continued glaring at Owen. Surely enough his patience grew thin and he slowly sliced through Daryls shirt and into my skin. I fought against the ropes and screamed as the blade dug into my arm leaving a trail of blood. Once satisfied with the pain he inflicted Owen stood back and eyed it with pride.

"Now, where were we?"

My arm stung as I glared at the leader. If I survived this and managed to escape he was good as dead! But until then I needed to conserve as much energy and strength as possible. So I answered him, "I found the necklace tucked inside the pocket of my dead brothers tuxedo."

"Why did you take it?"

"Cause it gives me hope that I'll see my father again."

"What was your fathers name?"

I glared at Owen again but knew I had to answer unless I wanted to be cut again, "Trevor."

Owens eyes widened as he stood to his feet and laughed, "Oh shit! This is too good!"