29: Captors

My heart swirled with happiness and joy as I held onto Daryl for dear life. I felt I could move mountains with the amount of passion I held in my heart for him. This man had no idea how much power he truly possessed over me. I would do anything for him. Was this some sort of sick trick my mind played on me? I pinched myself to make sure it was real.

"Well that's a beautiful sight for sore eyes." Owen coughed, interrupting the moment.

I slowly released Daryl as I turned to the inmate and narrowed my eyes. "Are you finally going to talk?"

Daryl stood next to me and matched my display of anger. I wondered if anyone had told Daryl about what Owen did to me. Owen should've considered himself lucky since Rick had locked the cell door which provided a barrier between him and I.

"I must say I've had worse blows." Owen wiped the blood from his nose. "And worse hospitality."

"If you want worse I'll show you worse." I threatened. This made Owen laugh.

"Ya find that funny mutt?" Daryl huffed.

"Yes I do." Owen smirked. "You see her father used those exact same words towards me." Abraham stood on the left side of the cell with his arms crossed while Rick stood on the left with his hands resting on his hips.

"He was wise to use them." I glared at the man. Anger slowly rose in me at the mention of my father.

"Would your father approve of this man?" Owen glanced over to Daryl. "I know how protective your father can be and boy is this guy in for a shit show!"

My brows furrowed at his choice of words. My father wasn't the protective type when it came to who I dated. When he was belligerently drunk that is.

"Enough!" I yelled at him. "If you want to leave this cell alive I suggest you start talking! Now!"

"You can't kill me." Owen smirked.

I raised an eyebrow, "Wanna bet?" I pulled out my katana as I neared the cell. My silhouette cascaded a shadow through the bars and onto Owen who crawled into the corner behind his cot. I was one second away from ripping the keys from Rick but Daryl stopped me. His hand gently held my arm as he slowly lowered it. I gazed into Daryls eyes as he searched mine. My body relaxed as I calmed down and eyed the Alpha leader.

"You are a coward." I snarled at Owen. "And you will die one!"

With that I stormed up the stairs and out of the hall with Daryl, Rick and Abraham on my tail. I leaned against the stair railing as I took deep breaths to calm myself down. Daryl stood next to me as he eyed me with concern.

"You were right Rick. All he's doing is dragging out his inevitable death." I shook my head at my stupidity. I was blinded by my desperation to find my father.

"What gave it away?" Abraham crossed his arms over his chest.

"When he kept mentioning my father." I paused. "Owen is just messing with me."

Rick sighed as he rubbed his temples, "So what do we do about him?"

"Kill him for all I care. He showed no mercy to me."