Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty. (Side Note; I don't think I've created a new name for Nick's Mum yet but I decided with Helen which was my beautiful mother's name (RIP <3); I think their personalities are similar; just a random fun fact about me LOL)

[THE FOLLOWING FRIDAY]

Charlie:
This past week has been a lot of fun. Now that my Dad knows about Nick and I; I have been a lot less anxious and a lot more confident. Randomly grabbing Nick's hand when we sit together at lunch, sending him cute little text messages and giving him a cheeky smirk as he reads them. Am I still nervous about my Mum finding out? Absolutely. But even still, Dad knowing puts my mind at ease. This weekend he's taking Nick, James, Erin and I to an amusement park; I wanted to surprise Nick and hopefully he likes roller coasters. I close my locker and see Mia smiling at me. She links her arm with mine as we walk through the halls over to Nick and James.

"Guess what?" She asks.
"You and Will are going on a date this weekend?"

She stops walking and stares at me.

"What? How did you know that?"

I laugh.

"Because Will tells Nick everything and well --"
"Nick tells you everything, blah blah blah," she responds.
"What are you guys going to do?"

She shrugs.

"I'm not sure."
"Well, if either of your parents want to drive you or if you want to take the train to the amusement park, that's where we're all going tomorrow," I say as we reach James and Nick.
"Where are we going tomorrow?" Nick asks.
"Nope, you'll find out tomorrow," I tease.
"Does Erin know?" Nick asks as he looks at James.
"Nope. Figured she might tell you," James says with a smirk.
"Well, sounds fun so I think we'll meet you there," Mia says with a smile.
"Meet us where?" 
"Nice try, Nicholas," Mia says with a laugh.

Once James and I get home, I see Mum and Dad talking in the living room.

"Are you guys excited for tomorrow?" Dad asks.
"Yeah, it's going to be AWESOME," James says.
"Why don't you invite Erin over for dinner or dessert tomorrow, depending on what time Dad picks you up?"
"That sounds good, I'll ask her if she can. Maybe Will and Mia can come over too and Will's parents can drive him and Erin back."
"Mia has a boyfriend?" She asks.
"Tomorrow will be their first date, so we'll see. And Mum, technically Erin isn't my girlfriend yet; but hopefully will officially be tomorrow," he says with a smile.

Mum looks at me.

"Maybe you'll meet someone at the amusement park tomorrow."

I let out a small chuckle.

"Yeah, maybe,"  I say as I walk up the stairs with James following me.
"You're going to have to tell her at some point," he says.

I throw myself on my bed in frustration.

"I just want to have a good day tomorrow and I know if I tell her, that's never going to happen. I was thinking about maybe telling her when we got home."
"In front of Erin, Mia and Will?"
"Yeah James, I'm going to walk in holding Nick's hand and yell "Surprise!" I say sarcastically. "No, when everyone goes home."

James sits down next to me and takes a deep breath.

"Wow. That's huge," he says.
"I'm just, I just don't want to hide anymore. I'm in a good and healthy relationship, why should I have to hide that?"
"You absolutely shouldn't."

I look at him.

"How do you think it's going to go?"

He takes a second before responding.