Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen.

[THE NEXT DAY]

Charlie:
I open my eyes and am still processing what happened yesterday. I cannot believe that I asked Nick to be my boyfriend. I've had more romance in my life in the last two months than I've had my entire existence and I couldn't be happier. Nick is coming over for our second official date. James stands in my doorway and I wonder if he has some kind of sixth sense with it comes to me.

"So that phone call Nick had yesterday. Want to talk about it?"
"Not really, no," I say.
"Let me rephrase myself since apparently being polite isn't going to work. Who was Nick on the phone with yesterday?" James asks with a smirk.
"Charlie, good morning. How are you? How did you sleep?" I say sarcastically.

James throws his hands in the air.

"Good morning Charlie, good morning. How are you today? I woke up two minutes ago so I'm doing fine. How did you sleep? Great. Now that we've had small talk," James says.

I look at him and shake my head laughing.

"It was his ex boyfriend. The one I told you about. The reason I ran over to his house last week."

James switches his face from happy to concerned.

"Everything okay?"
"Actually, he and Nick got back together so when we went downstairs I thought it would be cool for Nick to have two boyfriends and that's why I asked him to be my boyfriend too. Yes, you overprotective moron, everything is okay. It seemed like maybe Tyler wanted to start things again but Nick shut it down."

James cracks his knuckles.

"Okay good. Don't want to have to beat Nick up the day after I fell in love with his best friend. Don't think that would earn me any points with Erin," he says laughing. "Also, I should be annoyed with your sarcasm, but it was so good, I'm just proud."
"Again, you would not be able to beat Nick up," I say as I walk past him and down the hallway. "Do you know what time Mum and Dad are getting home today?"
"They said we'd most likely be in bed by the time they got here. Why?"
"Nick's coming over, we have our second date," I say with a smile.
"Ah, shit that reminds me. I have to text Erin. But, she said she was waiting for my call. Should I call her or text her?"

I look at him and laugh. James has only really had one or two girlfriends and he always gets super nervous and flustered in the beginning stages. However, I want to help him because he has helped me so much, especially these last two months.

"I think you should call."
"But what do I say?"
"You could start off with, Hi it's James, we met yesterday, I'm Nick's friend."
"No shit, Charlie," he says laughing.
"Just tell her you want to take her out next weekend and wanted to see if she's free. Then after you get off the phone, text her and start up a conversation so you can get to know each other a little bit."
"Yeah, yeah. That's good. I'm going to call her once Nick gets here, that way I won't be too bored and end up annoying you on your date," he says with a smirk.
"I'll literally kill you," I say while pushing him lightly.

I look at my phone and see I have a text from Nick. I smile and open the message.

Nick: Can't get over yesterday; perfect from start to finish (:
Charlie: I feel like that every time we're together
Charlie: But you're right, yesterday was exceptionally perfect.
Nick: My friends are getting ready to leave. What time do you want me to head over there?

I look at the time and see that it's almost 12PM. I honestly am not even too sure what kind of date I'm setting up today; I've never had to plan a date before.