Friend of Mara's?

"Am I thankful that's over."

DT collapsed into the chair beside her, Adora typing out a quick email to meet with Ms Ella. She desperately needed to review her portfolio before submission at the end of the year.

"You're telling me. Basketball season is finally over, that fashion show is done, the play is done. All that's left is exams, and a much needed break."

She was exhausted from the past few weeks. It had been two days since the final show, and Adora was thankful she didn't have to pretend to be a bloodthirsty conqueror anymore.

"Adora! Aren't you meant to be in class?"

Perfuma wandered past them with a mug in hand, smiling at the pair sitting in the library. Adora's gaze latched onto the steaming mug, a comical text reading 'You're Plantastic!!!' on the front of it, paired with a cartoon image of a flower.

"I have a study. Not sure about them, though," she tilted her head towards DT, who shot her a withering look for throwing them under the bus.

"Back to class for you, Double Trouble. Adora, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like a quick word."

Perfuma smiled gently, nodding her head towards a private study booth. Adora gulped, mind running through what Perfuma might want to discuss with her. She quickly followed her, grabbing her laptop and pencil case. She caught DT's inquisitive glance as she left. 

"What did you want to chat about?"

She drummed her fingers on the table nervously in an attempt to occupy herself.

"Nothing bad, don't worry. I actually wanted to discuss your post-school options. Are you planning on going to college?"

"Yeah, I'd like to," Adora admitted shyly.

"Lovely. In that case, I'll set you up with the school counselor. She'll be happy to guide you through the process."

"Thanks, Dean Perfuma," Adora responded, feeling relieved that she didn't have to figure all this stuff out by herself.

"You're also due for a check-in with Dr Despondos. She sent an email to me last week requesting a catch up with you."

This news surprised Adora. Mara wanted to see her? She was pretty sure she was back to normal, in terms of her physical health.

"Oh, yeah, sure. When does she want to see me?"

"Up to you," Perfuma hummed, opening up her tablet and typing in Adora's name to find her timetable, organized into her personal online calendar.

"Could I maybe do this Friday? I'm being dragged through the mud with exam revision at the moment."

"Of course! Does five o'clock in the evening suit?"

Adora thought for a second before nodding. She watched Perfuma enter the time and event into her calendar.

"And for the counselor? How about during homeroom on Friday as well?"

"Sounds perfect, thank you."

Perfuma entered that in as well, Adora relaxing slightly in the chair.

————————

"Hey, Mermista?"

Adora hung back awkwardly as everyone exited the classroom, Sea Hawk packing away various pieces of equipment. The nonchalant teacher gave her a look of mild boredom.

"What? Don't tell me you're flaking out on your shift this week," she rolled her eyes. On anyone else, this action would be considered rude, but it was oddly natural for Mermista. Adora shook her head vigorously. She wouldn't dream of skipping her usual Saturday shift at the gym. It was a nice distraction from everything else going on in her life.