RIP Watermelon Cake

Light cracked through Adora's eyelids, forcing her to awake. She snaked her arm around her pillow, holding it closer as she smelt Catra's hair. The thought made her smile, causing her to open her eyelids to see-

Her own, stupid blonde hair. She'd been sniffing her own hair. Adora jerked back from herself, groaning as she recalled washing her hair with Catra's shampoo and conditioner the night before.

"Argh!"

She drove a fist backwards into the cushion, completely forgetting that her friends were asleep beside her.

"Adora?"

Glimmer mumbled, causing Adora to fix her attention onto her friend.

"GLIMMAAAHH," Adora suddenly wailed, flinging a pillow onto the ground on poor, helpless Bow.

"BOWWW," she continued. Both her friends sat upright to attention, Glimmer looking a bit more pissed off than Bow did.

"Adora! Pull it together," Glimmer ordered.

"But-"

"But nothing. Catra said you were on a break-"

"I knowwww, I'm never gonna kiss her, or hug her, or talk to her-"

"A BREAK, ADORA. She did not break up with you, she still wants to be in a relationship."

Oh, so that's what a break is.

Adora had assumed she'd just ended their relationship altogether.

"Oh."

"You just need to sort that stuff out with Shadow Weaver, and the Catradora ship is ready to sail again."

Adora frowned, but nodded at Glimmer's plan. Sort out Shadow Weaver, sail the ship...Easy enough.

"But first of all, YOU NEED TO LET ME SLEEP."

Glimmer burrowed herself back under the covers, but Adora's slumber was already disjointed and low quality. There was no point in trying. Instead, she got out of the bed, making her way to the bathroom.

"What are you doing?"

Bow sat up this time, looking at her as she walked away from the two of them.

"Run," was all she answered with.

"Adora, I know you love your runs, but do you really want to when you've had maybe two hours of sleep?"

Adora yawned, sorta proving his point. She wondered to the fridge, Bow's words mulling over in her head.

And spotted that stupid watermelon cake. Her eyes latched onto it, and she yelled, grabbing the stupid thing and flinging it at the nearest surface she could spot, which happened to be a mirror.

"Yep, yup, never mind. A run is definitely what you need right now," Bow nodded furiously.

————————

Adora slowed her pace to a walk as she reached the twelve kilometer mark. She'd exerted all her pent up anger and energy, but the fresh air was also helping her forget the events of last night, and made her breathe easier.

"Yo, Adora!"

A voice called out to her, causing Adora to turn back in response to her name. She gave Lonnie a small smile and waved back as the girl caught up with her, stopping momentarily.

"Morning, Lonnie."

"Can I walk with you?"

Adora nodded, she was about to call Glimmer just to hear another voice besides her own in her head, so Lonnie's company was appreciated.