Purely Platonic?

Adora threw her book on the floor, sick of reading the same lines over and over again without actually absorbing them. Her head hung limply off the edge of the bed, eyes frosted over as she faced the front door of the dorm.

"Wow, never thought I'd see you abuse a school book."

Adora flipped herself upright, swaying from the sudden blood flow.

"It's my fifth time reading it anyway. If I don't know the quotes by now, I never will."

"Nerd," Glimmer scoffed. She put her feet up on the cotton candy colored ottoman, resting her hands behind her head.

"Where's Bow? I'm bored and we have a student free day tomorrow, so we should go do something."

"Ugh, the one time you want to be fun I have an assignment due. Bow's with George and Lance for a gallery opening they were invited to."

"Fancy. What assignment have you got on?"

"Art, duh. And I need to finish the sets by Friday or DT will actually chop my head off."

Adora chuckled at that, she'd never seen DT as distressed as they were. With opening night coming up in a few short days, they were actually minding their own business and staying out of the gossip hole they practically lived in.

"Guess I'm doomed to waste time by myself then?"

Adora flopped back over, the ends of her hair brushing the carpet.

Just as Glimmer began to respond, a knock sounded at the door. The girls exchanged a look with each other, Glimmer shrugging. Adora pushed her hands against the ground, kicking her legs over and opening the door to see...Lonnie.

"Oh, hey Lonnie."

Her hand remained on the doorknob as she tried to think why Lonnie might be visiting her.

"Hey." Her hand tightened around the strap of her linen tote bag and the two girls stood awkwardly at the entrance for a moment.

"Did you still wanna take a look at my PT stuff?" Lonnie said finally. Adora mentally slapped herself for forgetting.

"OH! Right, sorry, I forgot I asked about that. Come in," she opened the door wider, Glimmer peering around and offering a smile to Lonnie.

Adora led her through into the lounge, Glimmer following the two of them (despite her laptop and sketchbook sitting forgotten on the vanity table), the assignment apparently ditched. Lonnie sat opposite her on the floor, dumping her bag on the coffee table and pulling out various books.

Adora watched expectantly, eyeing the cover and title of each of them.

"How long did the course last?"

Lonnie flicked through her books, offering a view pages for Adora to read as she responded.

"A few months. It went as extra credit for P.E, and helped me get a job last summer."

Adora nodded, the various diagrams intriguing her. The content looked like everything she would enjoy, ranging from the mechanics of the metabolism to creating training programs for a variety of clients.

"This looks amazing," she grabbed another book, Lonnie offering up more advice.

"Yeah, it's a few extra hours of homework a week. I'd say between ten to fifteen, but definitely worth it. You could even do it over the holidays, probably would be easier."

Adora nodded, her eyes lighting up as she put down the book. She hadn't felt academically invigorated in a long, long while.

"I think I want to do it. How do I, uhm, do that?"