Pretty Catra

Adora examined herself in the mirror, for once liking what she saw. Sometimes you had a great vision for an outfit, and then in theory it looks stupid....Thank fuck this wasn't the case.

The boots, although a tad uncomfortable, perfectly matched her sheer tights, which complimented the smooth wine coloured dress and large leather jacket. Adora smiled at herself in the mirror, opening her new bag of makeup products. She didn't really know how to apply any of it, but that was what YouTube and Glimmer was for.

It took about half an hour just to get the eyeliner even, but it was worth it. Somehow, the whole color scheme of her outfit made her eyes seem slightly grey, rather than the clear blue she was used to. She didn't really mind it, but it was definitely different.

"Let's curl your hair."

Adora looked to Glimmer in the mirror, noticing the sparkly eyeliner she wore. Matching the jet black sparkle, Glimmer adorned a skirt and white dress shirt, a maroon sweater vest hanging off her frame and wearing matching boots to Adora. She pulled on a coat, propping the hood on to hide her hair.

"We really don't look like ourselves," Adora said as she stared at their outfits in the mirror. Glimmer nodded absentmindedly, plugging in a curling iron. She pushed Adora to sit on the edge of the bath tub.

"Dryl's hard to deal with. Last year I knocked out their security guy. Mom had to pay for damages."

"Gods, so that's why you were all cut up about last year."

Adora remembered the Salineas party, recalling that Glimmer was an 'angry drunk.'

"Have you spoken to Catra yet?"

"Have you spoken to Bow?"

Adora deflected the question with one of her own. She didn't know why, but every time the opportunity arose to ask Catra the question she bailed. They'd just gone back to ignoring or fighting with each other, and she didn't like it. But tonight was it, she was going to talk to her, actually talk to her.

"I have, actually."

Adora tried to look up at her, but the curler in her hair wouldn't permit it.

"Oh? And?"

"We're friends, just friends. I didn't confess anything, but I made up some bullshit and he pretended to buy it."

"Pretended to buy it?"

Adora grabbed the earrings in her reach, putting them in her ears delicately as Glimmer continued curling her hair. She nudged her to turn so she could do the other side of her head.

"I've known Bow for years, he didn't believe me for a second. We both know it, but I think we're just gonna gloss over it. Pretend it never happened, you know?"

Adora said a 'mhm' in response, careful not to bob her head.

"Maybe steer away from the alcohol tonight, unless you want a repeat of last time."

She partially turned and winked to Glimmer, who rolled her eyes with a smile.

"A party while sober? That's just awkward."

"You don't need alcohol to have a good time. But if you want a great time, then I guess that's the way to go."

Glimmer finished, and Adora stood to brush through the curls with her fingers. She liked it, the once bouncy ringlets cooling to become soft and wavy.

"Thanks."

"For once, we'll actually be on time."

Adora looked down on her shorter friend, slightly taller due to the chunky platform on their boots.