Chapter 31

Jiddarhs pov
    With the whole blogs drama my life hasn't been thesame It's almost as if I am an influencer now so many new followers on Instagram,DMs from both men and women,the ones toasting me, the ones telling me to join them with him , the ones who want to be my friends, even people who are asking me to dash them money and clothes . Oh ni jiddarh all this is too much I am taking a break from social media hoping when I come back all this will be over it is 4days now that the story was posted but I still havnt stopped getting the attention even when I go out people still appraoch me and ask me weird questions, some even want to take a picture with me I decline thou but some take it personal and take offense.I just don't like to be a person who is too popular I like my space . I was in my room trying to do an assignment when my phone rang .
"Hey Reina how are you"Yusuf said on the other end of the phone
"I am fine how is work" I replied
"Well you don't sound fine please tell me what's wrong" he asked concern
"Nothing is wrong"
"Well you have to come out and make me believe that personally because I am outside your house"he said
"Um I am in school"I said
"That's a lie Amina told me you didn't go to school yesterday or today please come out let's talk" with that I sighed and I ended the call picked up my brown hijab and went outside.I opened the car seat and entered the car . Yusuf was staring at me with so much worry.
"Salam mu alaikum" I said so he will stop staring.
"Wa alaikum mu salam" he replied and looked away .
"Reina I know I should have come earlier like 4 days earlier but I have been so busy at work and even at home I am running some errands for mama and that's why I couldn't come earlier but I am here now for us to talk and for me to apologize" he said.
"It's okay I know your work is very demanding"I replied
"Reina please talk to me tell me what's wrong you have been giving me attitude you don't reply me on WhatsApp if you pick my calls you sound moody and just now you didn't want to come meet me ,seeing you like this is hurting me knowing you are angry with me over something I don't know what it is"he said.
"I am not mad at you I am just trying to keep my distance with what happens I feel it's better for me to make a decision I don't want to keep hurting you or him even though it is not intentional but still so please give me space so I can make a decision" I said.he was quite for a while he then placed his palm over him face and hair then he brought his hands down and said.
"Why didn't you go to school today and yesterday"
"People keep approaching me and asking me questions I am not ready to answer so I asked my friends to write attendance for me I will try and go tomorrow thou I can't hide forever" I said.
"I am so sorry for what happened 4 days ago and for it being the reason you missed 2 days of lectures I am deeply sorry for all the inconvenience and I hope you forgive me ,regarding the space I don't want to but if that's your decision and you think that is what you need I will give you the space and time you need I just hope that once you have finally decided I will be the one you choose" Yusuf said .
"Thank you and don't worry it wasn't really your fault so I have forgiven you"
"So when can I call you or come see you again"
"Don't worry when I make a decision I will reach out to you" I replied
"Take care of yourself Reina and don't forget that I love you I really do" he said and then look in his eyes made my heart melt.
"Good bye Yusuf and take care of yourself as well"with that I stepped out of the car waved at him and walked back into the house.
"Sannu" Abdul said immediately I got in
"Subhanallah you scared me ina wuni" i replied startled.
"So you think I don't know you have been trending Abi" Abdul said . I instantly felt guilty I didn't explain what happened to him.
"I'm sorry things got out of hand but I wanted to talk to you I just forgot" I Said hoping he would understand.
"Hmm are you and Yusuf really dating"
"No we are just friends but he wants us to date again thou"I answered.
"No doubt Yusuf has changed he is now a better person but still you should be careful I don't want him hurting you again" Abdul said with all seriousness.
"I will insha Allah but we are just friends"
"But social media has tagged you couple goals o anyway sha I hope that if you too become official again or if he even dares to hurt you again you will tell me about it unlike last time"
"If anything happens I will tell you insha Allah and by the way how are things with Abidarh"
"Abidarh finally said yes but we are taking things slowly"he said with a wide smile .
"Awwn I am happy for you Allah ya tabatar da alheri"
"Ameen" he replied and with that I walked back to my room.
I just want to focus on my exams that I am starting next week and after that I will definitely make a choice .

Yusufs pov
I got home ,after talking to jiddarh I was having mixed feelings .I didn't want to be separated from jiddarh, I have gotten so used to her presence .that I don't think I can stay for days without atleast hearing her voice .but I also love her so much I am willing to give her space if it will make her feel at peace . I know her exams is starting next week I will try to refrain myself from calling or texting her until she is done ,anytime I feel I miss her too much I will just call Amina and ask her how jiddarh is or I will go to her school and watch her from a distance. I will miss my Reina so much but I have to endure it . I also hope that in the end she picks me .
Ibrahim's pov
I came back from work very tired but also worried because I saw a message from jiddarh saying that she needs space till after her exams .I called her and she explained why but still I know I will miss her so much and I don't know what to do about it . Just then farida knocked and came into my room.
"Yaya someone is here to see you Wai ita waleeda(that she is waleeda)"
"Toh gani nan zuwa (ok I am coming)"farida is my cousin but she grew up in our house she is like my baby sister . With that she left . I stay in the boy's quarters it is a self contain my own room and parlor and toilet . Farida brought food for me I guess she now clashed with Walida and decided to inform me.I went to the parlor where a met waleeda .
"How far you didn't tell me you where coming"
"I came to greet your mum so I decided to stop by and say hi" she replied.
"Oh so you and mum are what best friends now"
"No we just get along well and besides she is my mother too"
"You are right" I said
"I came here because I want to tell you something I have been hiding for years but now I don't think I can anymore even though I know you won't give me a positive response but by Allah I need to get it off my chest"Walida said.
"Leeda na you are scaring me please tell me what is it?" I asked curiously
"I love you I have been inlove with you for a while now but I didn't know how to tell you because we were in school and you said you didn't want a relationship. And you also said how guilty your past with jiddarh made you feel and how you still love her so I decided not to ruin our friendship by telling you ,but now that we are back I just can't hold it anymore seeing how close you two are getting it is making me jealous . I am not telling you this so that you ruin your chances with her or anything,no I am telling you this because I want to get it off my chest and I honestly hope that my confession doesn't ruin our friendship" she said and then burst into tears.
I felt so helpless I mean people have been hinting to me that Walida loves me and I just shrugged it off thinking they were exaggerating but now that she has said it I feel like all this while I have been blind and hurting my best friend without realizing .
"Walida please stop crying I know it must be hard for you to have expressed yourself,because I know a woman must be so inlove for her to be the first to express herself. And Walida I am sorry if I have ever hurt you by Allah I didn't know that you felt that way . You are an amazing woman and any man will be blessed to have you as a life partner,but I don't think I feel that way . Don't get me wrong by Allah I love you but as a friend and a sister.Walida listen it has nothing to do with you if I could choose who to love it would have been you because of how close we are but the heart wants what it wants.and I know our friendship won't be thesame after this but I will fight for it I promise you"I said and by the time I was done she just picked up her bag and ran out crying I went after her but she hurried into her car and left . Ya Allah what do I do now I don't want to loose my best friend.

Please
Vote
Comment
Share