Chapter 28

Jiddarhs pov
   I asked mum for permission and she agreed so I checked my closet and I found this nude color Abaya(Arabian dress)which was new I haven't worn it before,I carried my silver bag and shoe and got ready.
"Hey I am outside your house are you ready"Ibrahim said the minute I picked his call.
"Yes I am coming"with that I left and went outside.
"Wow you look beautiful jiddarh"he said
"Thank you you look good too" I replied
"Shall we"he said and opened the passengers seat.
We arrived at this beautiful restaurant it was amazing we got in and took our seats a waiter came in and asked us what we wanted to order so we both picked something from the menu.
"Do you like the food" Ibrahim asked
"Yes it is very delicious thank you for bringing me here"I replied
"Hey come on no need to thank me if you say thank you again we are going to have problems"He said "so I just wanted to ask if you are done thinking about what I told you"
"Um can we finish eating first then we talk about it"I pleaded and he agreed .we finished eating our food in silence the food was delicious.when we were done.I finally looked up at Ibrahim.
"Thank you for the date and everything,to be honest you were my first love and I had been crushing on you for a long time before you finally asked me out all those years ago and everything was good and beautiful like a fairytale until I found out the truth that it was a dare I was hurt and broken and I am over it now things have happened and we are both grown now" I said
"Jiddarh I really didn't mean to hurt you all those years ago I was childish and crazy and like you said we have both grown and I am not trying to get into a relationship with you for dating sake like I did back then I want to get into a relationship for marriage I want us to get married Insha Allah but in order to do that we need to know things about eachother and I also need to be sure the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with wants to do thesame with me and that is why I asked you to be my girlfriend first" he said
" I get that and I know aure lokacine(marriage is time)but I feel like marriage for me now is too soon and so is a relationship I won't lie I like you so much but I really don't want a relationship now,but like you said we are both grown we can still like eachother and not be in an official relationship but can know the things we are both looking for in a life partner"
"It's ok I won't pressure you or rush you but I will try and show you how much I care about you until the day you say yes but I know deep down in my heart I have already found my wife and that is you"he said after that we left the restaurant and he drove me home the drive was quiet just the music that was being played on the radio was heard and when we finally got home he told me goodnight and I went into the house.
Yusuf was calling me all through my date as if he knew I was out with a man but I didn't pick I didn't want Ibrahim to feel bad and I also didn't want Yusuf to feel bad,now that I am home I called him back .
"Hey Yusuf sorry I missed your call"
"Hey I was in your area earlier so I decided to stop by and see you and then when I called you didn't pick so when I knocked on your gate your gateman called Nana instead and when she came she said you went out but she refused to tell me to where and I was just worried seeing it's a bit late"
"Oh I didn't know she hasn't even told me yet yea I was out and a bit busy that's why I couldn't pick the call sorry about that"
"Can I ask where you went or who you were with" he said unsure.
"You have already indirectly asked"I said and laughed.
"I am just a bit curious and I want to know"
"I just went for dinner with a friend"
"Hmm if you wanted to go out to eat why didn't you call me and may I ask if it is a female or male friend"
"Um it was unplanned and I didn't want to stress you and fine since you insist I was out with Ibrahim" I said after that he was silent for a while before he said.
"Oh so you were together and that is why you didn't pick my call"he said sounding a bit hurt .
"I can't pick your call while I am with him knowing what he feels for me it's going to hurt his feelings and picking your call while I am with another guy will hurt your feelings as well"
"What he feels for you? I thought you told me you are just friends"
"Yes we are but you know what I don't want to talk about this anymore"
"Jiddarh please be honest with me what is going on between you two"
"We are just friends if you don't believe fine"
"Alright then goodnight we will talk some other time"we  that he ended the call I am glad he did or else the conversation wouldn't have ended well.
"Hey sis har kin dawo (so you are back)"nana said walking into my room.
"Yea did Yusuf come here earlier"
"Oh yes har na manta in fada miki( I forgot to tell you) he even brought you cupcakes they are in the fridge it is your favorite flavor red velvet and the frosting is amazing sorry I couldn't wait for you I tasted one believe me it took a lot for me not to eat more than one because it was a box of 6"
" Awwn really after all this years he still remembers I love red velvet please bring the cake for me I am full but I must eat it"nana left and brought the cupcakes the minute I tasted one I just couldn't resist I had to eat all it was delicious. I had to call him I hope he isn't still angry .
"Hello" he said in a very low tune
"Um hey sorry I didn't thank you dazu I didn't know you brought cupcakes for me I just finished eating them now they were delicious thank you very much" I said
"It's okay I am glad you liked them I just wanted to make you smile"
"I am sorry if I hurt you earlier if I knew you were coming I would have told you not to come"
"Reina I know you are a single woman and you have a right to go out with any man you want but it won't stop me from being jealous but insha Allah it is just a matter of time I know soon you will be mine insha Allah officially and then all this men will have to leave"
"Thank you for understanding goodnight"
"Have a beautiful night rest Reina"

Ibrahim's pov
Did she say yes? Waleeda asked .
"No she said she doesn't want a relationship we should just be friends but I know deep down jiddarh still loves me I confirmed it today but I guess she isn't ready for a serious relationship that will lead to marriage now so I understand I will wait for her"
"Wait for her really you think she is worth the wait"
"Of course she is waleeda if I waited 5 years I think I can eat a few more months or highest a year or two"
"If you insist I wish you the best always"
"I know thank you" waleeda asked me to please take her to go see her uncle he is a lecturer at baze a political science lecturer and  I did my date was yesterday and I didn't tell her what happened until today.
We got to the place parked and I followed her into his office we exchanged pleasantries and she gave him the message she was asked to deliver.
"Ouch"she said the minute we left the office I turned around to see she hit her foot on a stone.I went over to her and I held her.
"Sorry next time watch were you are going ok let me help you to the car"I held her and we were going to the car when I heard someone call me .
"Ibrahim" she said I looked to see it was jiddarh and Amina .omg I totally forgot this is jiddarhs school and department if she hadn't seen me I would have left without looking for her.
"Hey jiddarh ya kuke ya lectures(how are you and lectures)"
" fine "she replied her eyes on waleeda .there was a stool close by so I sat waleeda down on it.
"Jiddarh this is my best friend waleeda and leeda na this is the jiddarh i was telling you about"
"Oh finally I get to meet the famous jiddarh"waleeda said stretching her hand for a handshake.jiddarh didn't say anything she shakes her hand and turn to leave.
"Where are you going are you done with your today's lecture I can take you home you are quiet today" I said she had a straight face today she wasn't smiling or bubbly like the jiddarh I know.
"No you can carry on to where you were going Amina and I can find our way" she said and immediately dragged Amina and they left she didn't even say goodbye or anything that is strange.
"Leeda na let's go" with that I helped her up and we left . I dropped her at home and went back to the hospital after that I went home and I decided to call jiddarh that was strange of her to act like that.
I called the first two times she didn't pick until the third time.
"Hello what is it" she said
"Woow this isn't my jiddarh the jiddarh I know is always polite are you sure you ok if something is wrong you can tell me"
"I am fine what is it"
"You don't sound fine and I won't stop asking unless you tell me"
"Why do you care go and take care of your best friend"
"Haha is this what this is about I know I have never mentioned waleeda before but it is because the conversation never came up she was my best and literally only Nigerian friend in the UK so that's just it she also lived in Abuja and she is back now that is why we are still hanging out"
"Like you expect me to believe you are just besties as if I don't know the meaning of a male and female bestying and besides you came to my department and didn't even look for me because you were too distracted and then you even have a cute nick name for her while you only call me jiddarh and to top it if she is drop dead gorgeous and you expect me to believe you are just besties and also the way you were holding her"she said wow to say I was shocked was an understatement that was why she was acting strange she was jealous this is funny and cute you are only jealous of someone you love now more than ever I know she loves me.
"Calm down ok the reason I didn't call you was because I thought you were having lectures I didn't want to interrupt you and I forgot we were in your department and also about the nickname I call you jiddarh because it is unique and it suits you and I say it with so much love I call her leeda na as a tease not with affection and yes waleeda is good looking but you are more gorgeous and it is you I love and by Allah we are just friends". I explained
"Hmm whatever I don't even care"
"Hmm really because it sounds to me like you are jealous and I was holding her because she hit her leg and I was helping"
"Why will I be jealous I have something to do bye" we that she ended the call. I couldn't help but laugh.

Please
Vote
Share
Comment