Chapter 29

Jiddarhs pov
I can't believe I was jealous of seeing Ibrahim with another girl .of course I will never admit it to him but he was right I was jealous.
"So now you are jealous of Ibrahims female friends" Amina said mockingly.
"I am not jealous" I said defensively. Of course I won't admit it to her either but she knows.
"You are something else didn't you already turn him down"
"Yes I did but I only said I wasn't ready for a relationship or marriage yet not that I don't like him"
"Women sometimes we are funny.if you don't want him around other women then be in a serious relationship with him simple . Speaking of that what did you tell Yusuf"
"I havnt told him anything yet but maybe when next I see him or we speak I will tell him thesame thing I told Ibrahim I am not ready yet for marriage and I won't date unless it's for marriage"
"That remainds me Kabiru proposed to me but I told him I am not ready for marriage either I think he got mad and now he isn't picking my calls he hasn't picked my calls for 2 days now he thinks I said no to the marriage proposal because I don't love him" Amina said with so much hurt in her eyes.I feel bad for my best friend she has never really been inlove before this is her first love and I know she really loves him but I feel like the reason she said she isn't ready for marriage yet is because sha has an elder sister who is still not married so her parents won't allow her to get married until her sister does.
"Try texting him and explain to him that ko a gida bazaa barki kiyi aure yanzu ba(even at home they won't let you get married now) and if he really loves you he will understand and wait for you if he doesn't love you kuma Allah ze baki wanda ya fishi so dubu (God will give you someone who is better 1 million times better)"
"Easy for you to say you don't even try and yet guys are swimming all over you even when you were rude and arrogant to them even kabir forst had eyes for you you are all guys see men rarely see me ,I can count the number of guys that have shown interest in me all my life but you they are uncountable" Amina has always been somebody struggling with her self esteem and to be honest I don't get why she is beautiful .
"I have told you this and I will say it again people will only see you as beautiful when you start to see yourself as that, I mean look at you by Allah you are beautiful and besides at the end of the day it isn't about who gets the most attention it's about who is serious"
"You are right let me text kabir now and if he replies fine if he doesn't then I guess it's over"
"Let me call Yusuf too"I picked my phone about to call him when his call came through,I smiled and pick.
"Hello Reina"
"Hey I was just about to call you"
"Oh really you missed me that much Reina"
"No I just wanted us to talk and you still haven't told me the meaning of Reina yet you call me that everyday"
"Don't worry when the time is right you will know why I call you Reina ,and actually I am outside your house I wanted to ask you no beg you if you would accompany me to my cousins wedding and maybe we can talk about what you wanted to on our way there"
"Oh Um it's a family event why don't you ask Alamin to go with you why me"
"Because I want to be with you and besides you won't be bored trust me my family can be fun and it's Abidarhs brothers wedding"
"Oh you mean Abduls Abidarh maybe that is where he is I havnt seen him at home all day.okay them but I am with Amina so is either she comes with us or we drop her at home"
" no problem it's okay by me"he said
"Okay I will get changed then tell mummy and come down give me 15 minutes" I said .he agreed and with that we ended the call and I asked Amina to go to the wedding with us and she refused she said we rather drop her at home she isn't in the mood and she wants me and Yusuf to be alone so I can tell him . I opened my wardrobe brought out a maroon lace and put it on the lace is beautiful it was sewn into a skirt and blouse and carried my maroon veil a matching bag and show then applied foundation and powder on my face and also lip gloss I don't like eye pencil it makes my eyes watery so this will do . I got ready then Amina and I went to mummy's room I told her I was going to a friends wedding with Amina to avoid questions. Then we went out and I saw yusufs car damn his car is sick I love it.
"Wow you look so gorgeous Reina you might look better than the bride and maroon is definitely your color it compliments you Masha Allah" he said the minute I stepped into the car .
"Thank you but I can't look finer than the bride o or else they will chase us both out" I said and we both laughed then he turned around and exchanged pleasantries with Amina and they also joked then we drove when we got to Amina's house she thanked us and got down and entered her house .
"Is Amina okay she isn't teasing or joking like usual"Yusuf asked while still driving .that was when I turned around and looked at him wow he looked so handsome in his navy blue shadda and cap and he smells so nice like anytime I look at this guy I am always mesmerized I mean Ibrahim is equally handsome and dresses good too but there is just something about Yusufs beauty that I get lost in I guess it comes with the name Masha Allah
"Um Amina she just has her own personal issues but she will be ok insha Allah and you look nice today and your perfume has been killling me since I came in"
"Thank you everything I do I do for you don't worry I will make sure I use this particular perfume anytime I come to see you" he said and flashed his million dollar smile at me "so what did you want to tell me you said you wanted us to talk" he said .
"Oh yes it is about what you spoke to me about the other day at your office" when he heard that he became attentive "look Yusuf let me be honest with you I like you a lot and you really have changed for the better but.."
"But of course there is a but is it him do you love Ibrahim are you dating" he said while parking the care we have gotten to the venue.
"Let me finish talking please like I said I like you a lot and you have changed for the better but I am not ready for a relationship even before we met again I have always told myself I wouldn't date unless I was ready for marriage and to be honest I am not ready right now that Is why I don't want to be in a relationship with you or Ibrahim or anyone else" I said he was quiet for a while then he said.
"Why do you think you aren't ready for marriage"he asked
"Well for starters I feel I am still young I am just 20 I know some of my friends are already married people like Maryam and also my sister ya hadi got married at 19 but I still feel for me it's early and also because of school I am still in 200 level I want to be done with school first before getting married because when I do get married insha Allah I want to focus 100%on my home I want my husband to have all my attention and not it being divided with school.I mean marriage is for life while rush it"
"Jiddarh at age 20 you aren't too young for marriage believe me and about school if I  your husband I would never be an obstacle for your school I mean I would do everything I can to support and encourage you I also would want my wife to graduate with flying colors so I can be proud but if you feel it's still too soon then I can't rush you but when would you want to get married"
"I guess maybe in 2 years insha Allah or 1 year I am already preparing for my second semester exams which start in two weeks and our break will be for a month after that we will be in 300 lvl insha Allah my course is a 4 year course so I guess I am already half way there but I guess I could consider it in my final year but to be honest not now or this year sede next year or upper" I said. Yusuf chuckled
"It doesn't matter Reina I will wait for you I hope when the time comes you pick me"he said and with that we decided to go in to the wedding venue we sat at a table with some of his cousins he introduced me to them as a special friend I couldn't help but blush.the females didn't seem happy about it except for one who kept smiling while the males just asked how I was .
"Iyyeh Ashe de wata rana Yusufu ze kawo mana budurwa shi mugani" one of the girls said the only one who seemed happy to see me .I just kept mute I wanted to say he wasn't my boyfriend but I didn't want to disgrace him she then brought out her phone and said she wants to snap us then Yusuf put his hand around my shoulder and I just smiled and the picture was taken. That was when I noticed Abdul in one of the tables close to ours he was glaring at me I know I have a lot of explaining to do when we get home and I will. Just then one of his cousins came and sat by his left I was seated by his right then she put her lips on his cheek and was about to take a selfie of them when yusuf grabbed the phone .
"Ke mey haka yaushe muka fara was an nan da ke (what is wrong with you when did we start joking like this)" he said angry and mad. I must say I felt a bit jealous but when he reacted that why I suddenly felt sad for the girl I guess she is among the many cousins crushing on him.
"Don ka kawo wanan yarinyan shine zaka disga ni Na gode Yusuf (because you brought this girl here that is why you are disgracing me)" the girl said and left the table.
"Come with me" he whispered in my ear. Then we both stood up .
"Haan har zaki tafi  you haven't eaten yet" ummu Salma said (the good cousin).
"No zata dawo inaso in kaita wurin mama ne (no we are coming back I want to take her to mum)" Yusuf replied.my eyes went wide I was suddenly nervous he didn't tell me he wanted me to meet his mom .oh God
"Hey calm down ok I am sorry about my cousin she is a bit crazy and I just want you to say hi to my mom you have never meet her before"he said in a calm tone all of a sudden I felt more at ease but still I was nervous about meeting his mom that was when I realized we were holding hands and I immediately let go
"Oh sorry about that I wouldn't have held your hand if I knew you were uncomfortable with it Even though your hands are so soft"he said then winked at me . I didn't say anything then he took me to his mothers table where she was seated with her friends.
"Ina wuninku mummy sannu" Yusuf said bending a little to greet his mum and her friends. Then I knelt down in front of his mum
"Mummy Ina wuni ya taro" I greeted bowing my head down I couldn't look her in the eyes I was so shy and nervous.
"Mummy ga jiddarh nan itace wanda Insha Allah zan aura jiddarh this is my mum" he said introducing us oh ya Allah this boy will be the death of me did he just introduce me as his future wife to his mum oh God let the ground hide me .
"Oh Masha Allah finally Ashe de zaka nuna mun wanda kakeso babana (finally so one day you will show me the woman you love)gata Masha Allah so respectful har ta durkusa ta gaisheni kuma gata da kunya(she is beautiful and respectful for kneeling to greet me and also shy)"his mum said .
"Sannu kinji ko yar ta tashi ki zauna anan kusa dani(welldone my daughter get up and seat next to me)"She said I can't seat next to her that will be awkward and I don't know how to say no Yusuf noticed and saved me by saying
"Aa mummy Dama na kawo ta ta gaisheki ne muna zauna da su ummu Salma zamu koma wajen in taci abinci se in kaita gida (no mummy I brought her to greet you after she eats I am taking her home she can't stay long)"he said .
"Toh shikenan jiddarh Hauwa kulu kenan Na gode kinji Allah ya nuna mana naku(May we witness your own)"she said and immediately Yusuf whispered Ameen summa ameen.the I turned and greeted the other women on the table then I got up and we left .
"Are you trying to kill me why would you introduce me as if we are in a serious relationship after everything I explained to you in the car"I said to Yusuf as we stepped out of the hall . He laughed and said.
"Calm down okay my mum has been pestering me about finding love and settling down but now that she has meet you I know she will lay off me for a while and stop suggesting her friends daughters to me"he said I didn't reply him I just folded my hands and looked away annoyed.
"I am sorry but if I had told you since I picked you up that my intention was for you to meet my mum you wouldn't have agreed and I know that that's why I did this and from everything that happened here you can tell that I have never brought a woman to meet my family members except you so for that please don't be mad"he said and pouted .
"Fine no problem but next time at least tell me that I was to meet your mum and that all your female cousins are crushing on you"I said and rolled my eyes. He bursted into laughter.
"Don't mind them I only have eyes for you I cannot with family drama I am never marrying my relative" he said. "Come on let's go so you can eat and I will take you home.
"No I can't eat knowing your mum is in thesame hall with me" I said he laughed Again "fine I will ask ummu salma to pack a takeaway for you but you have to go and say goodbye to her or else she will never forgive me and also say hi to Abidarh"he said I agreed and with that we went back in after everything he took me home I took a shower changed prayed and then went to sleep not knowing the next morning I would be in for the surprise of my life.

Please
Vote
Comment
Share
Ignore grammatical errors