Chapter 23

Ibrahim's pov
I can't believe it finally I am a graduate. I am so overjoyed and happy my graduation ceremony was yesterday and Dad was the only person who could make it from Nigeria but nevertheless I can't wait to go home tomorrow we are going back to Nigeria with Dad. I can finally see my mum my siblings and if luck is on my side even her, yes after so many years I still think of her Maryam's wedding has already been fixed for two months from now so definitely our paths will cross since she will be marrying her brother .I never knew I would ever miss Nigeria but mehn I miss my country let me try and finish packing I want no delays I just can't Wait to go home.
Yusufs pov
I sat there on my desk staring at the paperwork in front of me God I am so tired I never knew being an adult would be so tiring and stressful I would have stayed a child.
After I finished my NYSC my dad got me a job at this oil company in Abuja and that's where I work now .
"Em sir are you done reviewing the contract because the boss wants to sign on it" my secretary said coming in to my office
"Yes Basma I am done here you go"I said handing over the file to her "and how many times have I discussed knocking on the door with you"
"I am sorry sir she said blushing and left"I know Basma has a crush on me it is so clear but I don't even have the energy or time for women right now I keep ignoring her.
Just then my phone rang it was Hanifa.
"Hello sexy eyes are you done with work yet" she said immediately I picked the call.
"OMG Hanifa I am almost done what do you want" I said annoyed
"I want you to take me on a date pick me from school"
" No I have plans with Alamin and besides if you want to go on a date call your boyfriend" I said and immediately cut the call. Hanifa and I meet three years ago at a wedding I apologized to her for what happened with the jiddarh situation and she forgave me and we became friends but . a year ago she asked me to be her boyfriend again and I told her I can't I don't love her to be honest I never really did but I try to be nice to her I don't want to hurt her but I can't give her false hope either . But mehn she is clingy she calls almost everyday I can't help but be rude sometimes and she has a boyfriend a guy I use to play soccer with when I was in uni but still she is after me.I honestly don't know how to get her to leave me.
I was finally done with work for today so I left the office and entered my Mercedes Benz and drove off to meet Alamin.
Jiddarhs pov
Iyyeh Amarya da kanta I said hugging maryam .she called this morning asking if I can come over.
She blushed "jiddarh kenan please don't start your teasing"
"Okay o sister in law" I said and winked
"Oh ni Maryama na shiga uku yau please seat"
I sat down and we exchanged pleasantries and she started telling me what she has in mind for wedding events and what she wants me to help her do
"Okay no problem maryam me Amina and the rest of the girls will create a group chat and discuss everything and I will get back to you"
" thank you jiddarh I really need you I only came to Abuja to start some preparations I will be going back to school weekend and I won't be back till 2 weeks before the wedding you are the only person I trust in this town to do good preparations on my behalf"
" hey no need to panic I gotchu and besides the wedding is two sided for me my friend and my brother I am involved like it or not .I think I should start going it looks like it is about to rain"
"alright let me escort you till you enter the taxi"the minute we stepped out the front door the gate opened and in came a brand new beautiful BMW the car was tinted so I couldn't see who was inside .
" wow maryam whose car is this"
" um so sorry jiddarh it escaped my mind I forgot to tell you please don't be angry"
"Tell me what..."before I could finish my question he came down from the car and came to where we where standing and said
"Assalamu alaikum"
At that moment I freezes I know that voice anywhere I am so going to kill maryam for not warning me .I slowly turned around and yes it was him he looks taller more built but still as handsome as ever more handsome sef
"Um wa alaikum mu sallam"
"Um jidddarh I will call you later bye"maryam said I ran back into the house probably to avoid me and give us space
"Hey long time no see um wow you look so um I don't even know what to say I am speechless"
"When did you come back to Nigeria?" I managed to ask even thou I was nervous and shy I was avoiding eye contact
"Um actually a day before yesterday I have officially graduated and I came back home to do my NYSC um the car was actually a graduation gift from my parents I graduated with first class so this is their way of congratulating me"
"Wow congrats you did amazing and it's nice to see you are back ,well it's about to rain let me get going"
"Let me drop you off" Ibrahim offered
" no need it's okay i will find a taxi"
"No I insist you said so yourself it is about to rain you might not get a taxi and besides you haven't seen me in years at least we can catch up on the way home"
" but you just got back home and I don't want to inconvenience you"
"Oh please I offered is not an inconvenience neither will I take no for an answer"
I didn't have a choice but this is about to be one awkward ride "um okay let's go" I agreed he rushed and opened the passengers door for me I got in . Wow this car is so nice I thought to myself.he got in and started the engine.
" um do you remember the way or I should direct you"
" hah no need nothing much has changed around here I will remember the way don't worry. Um so where are you schooling now  if I may ask"
"Oh I am in baze university studying political science"
"Wow that's nice 200lvl right?"
"Um yes so when are you leaving for service"
"On next week I am going to camp but I will be serving here in a hospital in Abuja. camp is 3 weeks only"
"Oh that's good wish you best of luck"
"Thank you beautiful but how do you do it 5 years later and you are more beautiful than ever and so elegant like wow I am trying so hard to lower my gaze and focus on the road"
Suddenly I felt shy I started blushing "um you don't have to compliment me but thank you"
"It is not a compliment it's the truth,here we are this is your house isn't it"
"Wow you really didn't forget thank you"
"Wait before you come down please can I have your phone number so I could say hi sometime"
" um that's not a good idea sorry but no"
" oh come on jiddarh please let's forget whatever happened 5 years ago and start over we are going to be family soon anyway after the wedding" he said and smiled oh ya Allah his smile .
"Um okay you can have my number" he handed me his phone I typed the digits and dialed it it rang and I saved his number on my phone.
"Thank you for the lift bye"
I got down and went in.
Ibrahim's pov

Wow I can't believe I really saw her I am so overjoyed jiddarh is so Masha Allah black beauty with a two sided dimple and pointed nose and her body omg she is curvy with the perfect body. astagfirulah I shouldn't be looking at her like that but I can't help it she has grown into a beautiful woman and I will do everything I can to make her love me again I will marry jiddarh insha Allah. I drove back home I couldn't stop smiling maryam kept teasing me but I didn't care all I wanted was to think of ways to win her over I messaged her on WhatsApp she replied not immediately thou but it's a start.

Okay my creative energy is definitely back and now I can't stop writing wow 5 years later everybody is an Adult🤔how time flies.jiddarh has finally meet ibrahim I wonder if she will meet Yusuf and will ibrahim be able to win her over
Share your thoughts in the comment section
After this update if I don't get enough votes I won't update soon but if I do I will continue with the regular updates so please vote and tell a friend to vote and keep voting and sharing my story .
Longest chapter yet😁