Chapter 24

Jiddarhs pov
I can't believe I saw ibrahim today it has been so long I mean what did I expect we will soon be in laws but still I didn't think I would see him again seeing him really affected me I can't help but remember the past even though he seems grown now but I still remember everything like it was yesterday I honestly don't want to get close to him he messaged me but I doubt if I will even reply him I don't like the idea of being friends.
Yusufs pov
Alamin and I went out yesterday after I was done with work I got home changed and accompanied him to his cousins wedding I actually meet Abdul there I haven't seen Abdul in almost 2 years since what happened 5 years ago we stopped being friends but I still do see him once in a while but since I left for NYSC when I came back I stopped seeing him until yesterday. We are cool now I guess we aren't close like before but we greet eachother and crack jokes and I was surprised when he invited me to his brothers wedding wow I guess time really heals all wounds. I hope we someday get to be close friends again because Abdul really is a loyal friend. I also found out yesterday that he is trying to wo my cousin Abidarh .he wants to have a relationship with her that will lead to marriage but she keeps friend zoning him,but I know she likes him and next time I see her I will convince her to accept him.
I heard a knock on my door it was our house help she told me my mum was calling me.it was a weekend so I decided to stay home and rest.I got up and went to her room I sallamed
" wa alaikum mu sallam babana shiga" she said she calls me babana because I am bearing her fathers name.
"Mummy Ina kwana an tashi lfy(good morning how was ur night)"
"Alhamdulilah sit down I want to talk to you about something"
"Alright mummy what is it I am all ears" I said sitting down .
"Babana ya Kamata ka nemo mata kayi aure gaskiya I know you are still young you are 26 and men don't normally marry that early but you are my only son and I am not getting younger I want to see you married"
"Hmm mummy kenan I know you want to see my wedding and you will insha Allah but karki manta aure lokacine(marriage is timing) I will get married when God has destined"
"I know aure lokacine but you are not showing any interest you have never even introduced me to any girl before.have you ever even been Ina serious relationship or inlove?"
"Mum I haven't introduced you to anyone because I haven't found the one worth introducing you to yet and yes I have been in love before and I messed things up and since then my heart hasn't healed if she was still with me I would have spoken about marriage the minute I graduated and I know you would have loved her"
"Hmm my son I don't want you to think I am pressuring you but your heart won't heal if you don't give another person a chance and whoever this girl is if she is your destiny Allah will make you find eachother again and you will make up for your mistakes"
" Ameen mummy you have no idea how this statement made me happy I have been hoping for the day I will see her again and be given a second chance"
"Alright then my son I just wanted to advice you as my only child but Alllah ya shige mana gaba(may Allah guide us)"
"Ameen mummy let me go back to my room see you later"
I said then got up and left her room and when I went into my room her thought suddenly flooded my memory and came the guilt and regret with it .that is why I havnt been able to move on anytime I see another woman I can't help but compare her to jiddarh and the more i compare the more I realize no woman can be like her because she was truly unique and she was one in a million.
Ibrahim's pov
"So you came back to Nigeria and forgot me abi"waleeda said
"No wlh I have been so busy since I got back being away for 5 years there are a lot of things I want to do now that I am back"I said.waleeda is my friend best friend I will say we attended the same school in the UK but different course she is also Nigerian and she lives in Abuja but she came back through lagos and has been there since to spend time with her sister.
"1 months that's how long you have been back no calls nothing"
" haba leeda na"that is my nickname for her "is not like that Wlh I came back from camp yesterday"
"You have clearly showed me I am unimportant but it's fine take care bye"with that she immediately hung up before I could say anything.I know waleeda very well I know she is angry I will make it up to her I just need to rest first I am so tired .I laid on my bed and slept.
Jiddarhs pov
Maryam and sadiqs wedding is in 1 month I have been so busy with wedding preparations I feel like the bride I am helping them prepare both from the grooms side and brides side .if this is how stressful planning a wedding is I don't know how I will plan mine.
I am going to my tailors shop today to collect the clothes I will wear for the wedding events bridal shower,kamu,dinner and Budan kai.I gave him the clothes early because I don't want stories that touch and I am glad he is done he is a very busy man,he sews for both males and females. I got ready and begged mama for her cars keys I didnt feel like using public transport today and it's been a while I drove .so I got there and went into the shop.
"Ah hajiya kinzo da wuri haka(you came earlier than I expected)"
"Kai kace inzo yau ko baka gama bane(you said I should come today or aren't you done)"
"Gaskiya saura daya (to be honest remain one)"
"Hmm toh ban sauran zan ansa wanan some other time(give me the ones you are done with)" he said ok and stood up to arrange the clothes just then someone sallamed and entered the shop it was a male voice
"Jiddarh?"I heard someone call my name more like a question I turned to the direction of the door it was Yusuf.I froze how is this possible I almost didn't recognize him what is he doing here after so long why do our paths have to cross again.
"Oh my God it's really you how are you" he said.
"Um I am fine how are you"
"Well it's been a while but I am good I guess"
"Hajiya ga kayan(here are the clothes)"the tailor said handing me the leather of clothes.thank God he broke the awkwardness and uncomfortable feeling I was feeling now.I carried the leather and began to leave Yusuf followed me outside
"Jiddarh please a minute of your time"I wanted to ignore him and go but I decided to stop.
"I am sorry for everything that happened I am a changed person now and you have no idea how happy I am to see you"he said
" whatever happened was a long time ago no need to bring it up"
"I know but I just had to apologize again"
"It's okay I am in a hurry I need to go"
"Okay then have a lovely day"he said and I got into the car and drove off
Yusufs pov
Alamin got down from the car and came to where I was standing
"Yoo who is that fine chick you were talking to"
"It's jiddarh I almost didn't recognize her either"
"Wow so that's the famous jiddarh your jiddarh I only saw her once when you two where together but mehn she has grown o"
"I know and she looks like the queen she is ya Allah she is so perfect Masha Allah"
"Don't tell me five years later and it is still love at first sight"he teased
" I never really stopped loving her I just learnt to leave without her"
"Wow and here I was thinking you wanted to die single thank God"
" I am going back to collect my clothes wait for me"
I walked into the shop I meet the owner
"Ah sannu da zuwa ka shigo kuma ka fita(welcome you came in and left)
"Oh a ka gama kayan(oh yes have you finished the clothes)"
"A gashi(yes take)"
"Yauwa wanda ta bar shago yanzu Customer ce(the lady who left the shop now is she your customer)"
"A sosai ma Alhaji naga ka faller ne ka kasa dena kallonta kafun ka bita(yes she is you couldn't stop staring at her before you followed her)"
"Wanan labarin Wani rana ne(that's a story for another day) nide ban number inta mutumina(give me her number my guy)"
"Kai alhaji bazan iya ba duk da ka bita bata baka number ba(I can't even though you followed her didn't you get her number)"
I brought out 5 k and said " bata ban ba amma kai mutumina ne ai gashi bazata san kai ka bani ba(she didn't give me but here is something she won't know you have me)"
He collected the money and gave me her number I then left the shop .
"Guess what" I said to Alamin .
"What"
"I got jiddarhs number"
"Here I was thinking you lost your game but looks like you just needed jiddarh all along all the women that have been chasing you from university till date that you are working and getting paid well you ignore then but her you are already ready to go after her"
"I told you I am not a player anymore and you know it I don't feel anything for those women and I vowed I won't hurt another woman again that's why I never went after them, but now that I have jiddarhs number I will make her forgive me and love me again" I said
" okay o lover boy let's go" he said then we got into the car and left

Ignore grammatical errors
Vote
Share
Comment