7.1 - Highest of Highs and Lowest of Lows

Почніть із самого початку

Charlie gasped, waking up and sitting up rather abruptly. Her eyes darted back and forth to see she was in her room once more. She let out a small sigh of relief. Although glad it was refurbished, things still felt off. The mirror on top of the small fireplace glimmered before going back to normal; that was proof enough. She grimaced, remembering the vision from Sleeping Beauty and shook just from recalling it.

She swung her feet over the edge and stood up, smoothing out her pajamas. She looked at the Mirror, seeing her reflection. She touched her face, seeing it was rather oily and greasy. "Eh....might as well get ready for the day...." She shrugs and hurried to the now working bathroom. She washed and brushed herself carefully, taking care and time it's her appearance. Just as she stepped out with her clothes shifting into her uniform, she was greeted with Grim who yawned and stretched, lazily waking up.

"Morning, Charlie." He blinked sleepily.

"Hey, Grim....had a nice re-!" Charlie choked as her mind went bleary and Maleficent's face flashed in her mind. She stumbled back, nearly losing her footing, causing Grim to be up in alert and run to her.

"Charlie! You okay??" He asked. "What, forgot homework or something?"

She shook her head. "No, Grim...." She fell against the floor and curled into herself, body shaking slightly. Grim, starting to get a little worried, placed a paw on her hand.

"Hey, you can tell me anything, you know that right?" He asked.

"I do....it's just...." She sighed. "I need to tell the girls something...." She hurried to her feet and rushed out the door, Grim following behind her on all fours.

Charlie shot down the staircase and looked up seeing Felicity and Rebecca were up, eating some pastries.

"Charlie?" The redhead perked up. "How'd you sleep?"

"Not good....." she shook her head.

"Oh man, another vision?" Felicity stood up and walked over to her. Charlie nods. "Who of?"

".....Maleficent." Charlie whispered. Felicity's eyebrows shot up as she and Rebecca shared a look of fear. They quickly took her to the couch and hugged her and she them. Grim managed to make it downstairs in a huff and flops onto the floor tired.

"Girls...." Charlie shook as she spoke.

"Hey, look: we promised you we're not leaving you alone with that psycho for a moment." Felicity made Charlie look at her stern but comfortingly.

"She's right. As Long as two of us are with you, we'll be okay." Rebecca nods. "Sisters before misters."

Charlie nods, hugging them to her, still not feeling alright. The fear she felt in her stomach was tenfold compared to the other times she faced the other overblots...this was Malleus Draconia, a dragon-fae of Royal blood who won't hesitate to take down anything in his path to get to her. And after the visit last week, she kept having nightmares of him chasing her, begging her to remember. It was a miracle she was able to get some sleep at night. But with all the dorm leaders and even Jamil having fallen, he was the last one left.....and this will be the most challenging fight she will have had to face....

And it was at this point that she needed a stronger word than 'fuck'.....
——————————————

Odette heard her phone go off as she and Evelyn looked at it, seeing the message from Felicity. Their eyes narrowed as they saw what it read. Looking up, they were on Main Street where the statues of the Seven were at.

They quietly approached Maleficent's statue and look up at it with empty eyes. They could only imagine how Charlie was freaking out just seeing the vision of Maleficent from the mirror in her room.