Glorious Masquerade Pt. 1

The event we had all been waiting for! (Aside from Ch 7 ofc~!).

Part 1: To the City of Flowers
—————————

I heard what sounded like church bells ringing. I almost thought I was back home and it was Sunday morning, and my family and I were getting out of mass. But why couldn't I open my eyes...?

"Do you hear them....the bells....?"

Who was speaking....they're not like anyone I've heard before....

"To the big ones loud as thunder to the smallest as soft as whispers..."

It felt like I could almost see them!...

"Now I shall spin the tale....the tale of a monster living here.... in the City of Flowers..."

'Monster...'...what are they talking about?!...

The sound of a crackling fire filled my ears, diminishing ever so slightly as my sight began to adjust to the darkness. A roaring fire, burning brightly as ever before my body. Although the flames were burning brightly, I could still see shadows surrounding me....ominous and warning....

ominous and warning

"So close...so close....Just a little bit more, and I will be able to eradicate those abominations!" I look up to see a dark figure standing before the flames. He looked almost taller than me....but I couldn't make out any of the tiniest of details, not with his back turned to me....but he spoke with a rather dark tone, hands clenched at his sides. "Only then will we be liberated....I will bring peace to all, by my own hand....!" He chuckled only for it to grow into twisted laughter, putting me on edge. I didn't like where it was going...

"Excuse me!" Someone knocked and poked their head in but I dare not look back. "It seems that everyone from Night Raven College has arrived. Let's hurry to go and welcome them!"

The person before me composes himself with an awkward cough. "I'm coming." He announced, making the person at the door shut it to leave. But a dark smile played at his lips. "It is unseemly how they all get so carried away....well, fine. I'm looking forward to meeting him as well." The shadows over him lifted and I saw his face.....

" The shadows over him lifted and I saw his face