White Rabbit Festival Pt. 2

Part 2: Race of the Ages!
——————————————

"Thanks, Big Sis...." Ortho giggled as he and the girls follow the others to a clock shop, as Deuce read on his field guide explaining the influence of the White Rabbit in town, and how time was a valuable commodity for those in town, making them well organized and hard at work and watchmakers are a good examples.

Entering one of the main shops, they were immediately greeted. "Welcome!"

Silver keenly looks across the shelves and display cases, seeing many pocket watches (it is the White Rabbit's signature accessory after all), but most range from old school hand-telling clocks to even digital ones. And a few even come equipped with alarms. But none were what Silver was trying to find, especially one that had a noise loud enough to jolt him from sleep.

 But none were what Silver was trying to find, especially one that had a noise loud enough to jolt him from sleep

Epel found a pocket watch that could let him use a recorded message to substitute for an alarm. Grim steps to take charge of the message, worrying the boys immensely. But liver goes for it, as a human voice may be enough to help him actually getup over a constant beeping noise. It didn't take long for the others to jump in with the idea and Silver purchased it.

Outside, with their new haul in hand, the boys debated on what they could record that would be good enough for Silver. As soon as Ortho pressed the record button, they stated to scream nonsense into the clock, gaining a coupe of weird looks from a lot of passerby. Charlie and the girls shooed them away as they stopped screaming (but also made a backup with Deuce in case the first one failed!).

At another watch shop, Deuce found a stopwatch in the form of a wrist watch to give to Jack since he broke his during the last Track and Field Club meeting. The one he had also has the function to measure lap times, locate one's place via GPS and check one's heart rate. And for a rather secure price, Deuce set the watch in his hand to be purchased, and began looking for something for Ace.

"Wait, Ace?!" Felicity looked at him a second time just to be sure.

"Yeah. I told him about what was going on, and he wanted to tag along with but...basketball club clashed with the trip so he had to back out." Deuce nods.

"Yeah, he was so pissed!!" Grim laughed.

"So get him something that works." Charlie says. "And you two are paying for it. I've got better things to spend my hard earned bills on than shit for a jackass whom I give slaps to on the back of his noggin every single day!"

"Is that her way of saying she's close with Ace as a friend?" Silver whispers to Epel who shrugs.

"I'd say yes just for the heck of it..."

Once the two watches were bought, the group moves on the next part of town for consumables. More specifically, a candy store. Inside the group traversed with wide smile and bright eyes at all the sweets and savory snacks imaginable.