Glorious Masquerade Pt. 3

Part 3: A Trap for Wizards
———————————

The walk to Topsy Turvy Square took a while, but by the time Trein and the girls made it, everyone has gathered after scouting out the areas for their fieldwork assignment.

"Wow! This looks amazing!" Rebecca cooed seeing the bright and colorful atmosphere.

"Totally!" Odette nods. Trein counts the students to see if they were all here and they were accounted for. No one was missing, surprisingly.

"Alright, now we've all gathered in the main square for the festival. Before we begin, here's a little context for you to know: this festival was one of the greatest historical gatherings of the Shaftlands, its origins dating back to a time before magic...."

"And here we go with the lecture.... Ruggie rolls his eyes.

Grim looks around seeing the MainStage as well a smaller ones, usually meant for selling things or little performances. This gave Ruggie an idea.

"Hey, uh, Sir? Since we're still technically doing fieldwork, why don't we look around the venue?"

"...Well you do make a fair point. We've some time before the party begins. So go ahead." Trein nods.

The guys were glad to be spared of a lecture as Deuce ran up to Charlie, asking to see if there was anything of interest to see. All around them, various acts for them to see were all around: from stilt walkers to tightrope walkers, it was a spectacle...!

Suddenly, Azul spots a familiar group. "Hold on...are those...Royal Sword Academy students??"

"Hey, he's right! There's Neige with a huge crowd of fans!"

"And Che'nya's here too! Surprising...!"

"Ugh, they're like a group of Ikemen princes come to life!"

"Ugh, lemme guess: they got invited to this thing...?"

"And yet they draw such a Crowd...that's Royal Sword students if I know them." Trein sighed. "But I guess since this is an exchange program, lots of students from varying schools would be here."

"Hey! Someone appeared on the main stage!" Grim looks over.

"Ah, guess that means the show is about to begin. Everyone, take a seat!" Trein asks. The group makes their way to the small wooden tables. Charlotte took a seat at one bench, so she'd be facing the stage. Almost immediately, Malleus slides up next to her with a gentle smile. Grim threw a hissy fit since he was suppose to beside Charlie since they were to be together. This began a ruckus with Sebek who wanted to be next to his lord and started shoving Grim and a bit of a shouting match.

"Ugh, here we go...an endless and irrelevant argument...." Idia rolled his eyes as Charlie to get up and  out of the way before something bad could happen.