Harveston's Kelkkarotu Pt. 2

Part 2: Meemaw, Apples and a Snow Flower
————————-
Soon they reached the top of the mini hill and before the group stood a chapel-like building with a small well further away from it, snow-capped trees and terrain surrounding the area like a giant wall of sorts. Someone was waiting on the veranda until they looked up hearing the group approach.

"Epel! My goodness, it's so good to see you again!" a cheery voice matching the person spoke up. A woman, in her late 60s to early 70s, walks briskly down the wooden stairs and forward to meet the group. She had milky white skin with wrinkles around her eyes, cheeks and neck, a prominent nose and graying lavender hair and the familiar blue-bell colored eyes like that of her grandson.

"Meemaw!" Epel runs forward to meet her with a tight hug

"Meemaw!" Epel runs forward to meet her with a tight hug. The old woman puts her hands on Epel's shoulders and checks his face for any signs of malnutrition.

"Have y' been studyin' properly at Night Raven? Can't have ya being a slacka person! Don't tell me you're throwin' awa' whatevah you don' like. Dear me, ev'n as a teenag'r, it's hard to change eatin' habits..." she ranted.

"Meemaw! No' in fron' 'f m' frien's!" Epel hissed between his teeth ad he looked over his shoulder with worry that he was being babied.

"Ah, that Epel-Shi's Grandmother we've heard about so much..." Idia spoke first amongst the group.

"She seems like a rather nice person." Jade smiled.

"What in the world are they talking about? it sounds like...mumbo-jumbo to me!" Sebek was clearly irrate.

"That's just how they normally speak." Luna says.

"Though, from our POV, it does sound like everything's slurring together...." Charlie admitted.

"Ah! So you're Epel's friends! It's so good to meet you! I am Marja Felmier." Marja introduces herself.

"Oh...it seems...now we understand you." Jade raised an eyebrow.

"Well, you learn a thing or two when it comes to trading and selling in the big city." Marja chuckled. "Lots of people don't understand Harvest's dialect at times..."

"I'll be the translator if anything's too hard for any of you to understand." Epel assured.

"Thank you for taking time to travel all the way from your school to here. And for keeping an eye on my grandson."

"It's no trouble. Epel usually has our backs at times, too." Luna nods.

"Uh...n-not me, though...." Idia raised a timid hand.

"Oh! Where are my manners? Jade Leech." they shook hands. "Thanks for extending the invitation to us."

"Sebek Zigvolt. Pleased to meet you!" the first year bowed stiffly but vigorously.

"A-and....And I...." Idia fumbled for the touchpad and finished, "I'm Idia Shroud."

"My, my!" Marja raised an eyebrow. "Some city kid friends you've made!"