Sleepsong (1K special)

(For those who have helped me reach the 1K votes milestone, this is for you!)
—————————————
Midnight.

All was quiet in the Luchessi household.

A couple slept together in their bed. His tousled mop of black hair stuck up in awkward directions, eyes shut tight. The man was tired after a long stressful day at work. He was just happy to be home with his loving wife and children. And he was looking forward to the weekend with them. Or one at least. Elaine, the oldest, was at a sleepover with some friends of hers. Shawn, the middle child, stayed overnight at a camp up in the mountains with some of his friends.  But, one child was better than none.

The other, a woman, slept with her dark brown hair in a messy bun. She was smiling in her sleep, dreaming about something she was bound to share with her little girl.

Then there was crying.

The woman opened her eyes, revealing shining amber-hazel brown. She stretched carefully as she got up, rolling out the kinks in her neck and potential numbness in her arms and feet.

"Ngh....Cassia..." her husband groaned, grey eyes switching between closing then and opening them.

"Don't worry, Paul. I'll handle this." She smiled, and leaned over to plant a kiss to his cheek. Then, she slipped on her shoes and padded softly down the hall to the nursery.

She pushed open the door lightly to hear wails of agony from the white crib. She walked over and looked inside to see her youngest, crying in her sleep. Her mop of hair was fluffed up in all directions. A cherub like face scrunched up and contorted to go with her screams.

The baby was nearly a year old, and it will be a day Cass will cherish no matter what. She picked up the child and cradled her in her arms, hushing her and soothing her with words of love and comfort.

"Shh, hush now, little one. Mama's here. And I'll always be here for you." She reassured her.

A Few minutes have passed and the child cries were reduced to whimpers. But big globs of tears stayed in her eyes. But she tried to hold them back. Her mother cooed and brushed them lightly away with her fingers.

"No, no, no. It's okay, Il Mia bambina. You're a wonderful girl! As as a Luchessi, crying means that it doesn't show your weak. You've just been strong for too long. It's not a bad thing!" (Someone guess the reference 😋)

The baby looked up at her mother with big innocent eyes. Almost like asking, "What do you mean, mama?"

"You'll understand when you're older."she smiled. "But for now, time for sleep." Fortunately, she knows the perfect piece. (Play song)

Her voice could rival that of a siren's or an angel's. It was mysterious yet ethereal and beautiful in its own way. Her daughters would go on to inherit it in the potential future. Along with their smarts, talents and overwhelming compassion.

Lay down your head and I'll sing you a lullaby
Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay
And I'll sing you to sleep and I'll sing you tomorrow
Bless you with love the road that you go.

The child listened to the soothing melody that was her mother's voice. She could hear other voices blending with her mothers. A harp, violins, and winds had joined to create the atmosphere of a beautiful garden. It made her giggle and smile, just by imagining it.

May you sail far to the far Fields of fortune
With diamonds and pearls at your head and your feet
And may you need never to banish misfortune
May you find kindness in all that you meet.

The mother smiled as she stared at the bundle that is her youngest. She had high hopes for her child's future. She's can see her doing many things that will make her happy so long as she had set her mind to it, with the confidence she gains growing up. Lead others to do the same, guide them on the path they should follow, and protect the ones she meets.

May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To Guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li loo-li lai-lay

She could see it: flowers of all kinds, shapes, sizes and colors blooming everywhere. Butterflies flying along the wind, the twittering of a lark in the trees, the sun beaming its rays upon her gentle face, and the caress of the wind as it sang her to a peaceful slumber.

May you bring love and may you bring happiness
Be loved in return to the end of your days
Now fall off to sleep I'm not meaning to keep you
I'll just sit for a while and sing loo-li lai-lay.

The girl's eyes were fluttering closed at this time. The imagining of her secret garden had soothed her worries, reassuring her that she'll be protected through her families love and her own throughout life. And any obstacles that try to push her back, she'll conquer them in her own special way.

May there always be angels to watch over you
To guide you each step of the way
To Guard you and keep you safe from all harm
Loo-li loo-li lai-lay

Cassia vocalized, embracing her child with all of her life. Even if her arms could not tell it, her heart was swelling with much love for her third child. She loved all her children dearly and had high hopes for their futures. Whether she'd be there or not to see them through, she still has full belief they'll go on to find a happy ending.

The girl was perfectly still, save for the rise and fall of her tiny chest, indicating her deep sleep. Cassia kisses her head gently and places her in the crib, tucking her in with the softest blanket she had, and the squishiest of pillows surrounding her.

Once her daughter was comfy, she smiled and turned, walking quietly to the door. Before she left, she looked over her shoulder one last time and could make out her daughter's peaceful face in the moonlight. She smiled and whispered,

"Buona Notte, Charlotte." And slipping away, the door closed.
———————————————
(Yes, just a little something from
Charlotte's past, with her parents, is all I'm doing for this! I hope you enjoyed it! I surely did.

The song I used is called "Sleep song" by Secret Garden. They're a duo from Norway who create classical pieces such as this one, I recommend checking them out! And who knows? Maybe more songs from them will appear in this story~!

I know this was a bit late, but holy crap! Thanks for helping me achieve 1K votes!)