6.1 - Date with Disaster

Diary....

I don't know where to begin on my end.... Vil from Pomefiore was the fifth person to submit to Overblot...he nearly destroyed the VDC....but we managed to stop him....

The other two that kidnapped me are associated with Xedok, Acheron, and tried to kill me, but someone saved me before they could do permanent damage. And... I finally got the last Artifact. But....now things will become more difficult than I believed....instead of feeling a sense of accomplishment, all I feel is dread....

Grim's approaching the edge of unleashing all hell upon Night Raven...the rocks he kept eating are the cause of this....if he gets his hands on the others....I just shiver at the thought of what will happen...

And now I have two guardians who will replace Ophelia after what transpired of my 'past' if you could call it that....

Grrr....what's real or not?! Am I just gonna be kept in the dark on everything surrounding me?! Well, I don't care.... I'll find answers, and I'm not doing it alone. And I don't care WHO I have to fight to find them!

I'm changing what the damn book; fate has in store. And THAT'S a promise.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 6: The Guardian of The Underworld
——————————

Charlie's body was swathed in pale blue and yellow light. Lying in her bed, in her room, at the dorm. Her chest rose and fell in even breaths, signaling she was in a sleep mode of sorts. On either side of her sat Sol and Luna. Both girls were holding out their hands, which were glowing the same colors that surrounded Charlie.

"Poor thing...." Sol sighed heavily and sadly. "She must've been crushed to see Grim turn out like this...." she looked upon Charlie's face with a frown.

"Imagine how more crushed she'll be to learn she's not who she thinks she is..." Luna muttered to herself, but Sol heard it and glared at her.

"Enough! Do you want Astraeus to chide us?! After what we promised?!"

"Of course not!...She's our sister..." Luna fumed but lost her anger and sighed heavily. "We'd never leave her to suffer, even after what happened back then....And...." She felt her voice grow softer the more she spoke.

"Admit it: you want her to come back as much as I do." Sol said, looking at her with melancholy.

"...But Charlotte is the only one who can free her." Luna whispered. "And....And Eos..."

"But what of Paul? Her father?" Sol adds. "When Paul was in the car crash, she saved him!" She looked over at the nightstand where Charlie kept her family photo. The picture of the Luchessi family, altogether and smiling like it was the happiest day in their lives. Sol pressed her lips into a thin line as she felt herself recall what happened. "You remember it as well as me: although the bodies were still in the real world, their spirits were taken elsewhere. Paul's soul was absorbed as a means to preserve him. Only together can they be freed from limbo...."

"But Eos is another problem!" Luna reminds. "He's trapped in that wretched Dark Mirror! And only one of his blood can free him!" She grunts, "....at least we're not going through what happened back at Sparx." Luna didn't say anything else as she focused on healing Charlie.

"And...Malleus." Sol remembers. "He's likely to be awaiting that she remembers soon. If she doesn't, I fear what will happen....And...will those two remember?" She asked tersely.

"Which two....?" Luna looked at her.

"The Merchant's heir...and the hunter...?"

"....It's likely they will in due time...." Luna nodded with pursed lips. "Five hundred years is a long time to remember you were someone else before now. It seems Reincarnation isn't a myth as believed."