6.66 - Life or Death

-previously-

"Because that's how humanity is! We act on belief because we don't want to lose more than we already have!"
.......
"The curse that out clan has inherited for generations burns the blot right after it accumulated. It's a grateful "blessing' that stopped us from losing control of our whole lives, and yet in the words of our ancestors, they considered it a 'curse' to prevent them from causing another uprising...."
..........
"....We can erase their memories of the place, but it won't change what time recorded. We can rewrite their memories that won't cause any discrepancy with the Lethe device."
.....
"....we were here...long before you were born...but I wasn't alone...it's more than just me here~....I've plenty of friends...and they're dying to meet you~...."
......
"We will have to deal with this later. We didn't go through months of training Just to turn back at the last minute. Charlie needs us As We need her."
—————————

Idia's fingers flashed across the keyboard as he sighed that testing was over. "Now those problematic children can get outta my hair...But I'll need to look over Grim one last time and make sure there's zero traces of blot within his system....it just doesn't add up: looking at his MP, I don't think it would be a big deal if if a problem occurred...but I think just keeping all eyes on him would be the next best thing." He clicked on a few tabs to look at them simultaneously. "But who was it that ordered the detainment and capture of the students at NRC anyways?...Someone from the Land of Dawning informed the government about this...it's strange they could even trace them down perfectly. Which leads to another thing....the fact that five people Overblotted in such a short span of time is abnormal to begin with. Less than ten students were affected by this....nothing of the sort happened in over 100 years...now that's five people in less than half a year. Every student now have their own problems...which means this isn't something that can just be kept under wraps." He brought up some files. "Looking over the data results of the five, it's not like something happened to them physically. So the only logical case is their own unstable emotions. This fed the phantom within and unleashed the beast. But the Sage Island is a lot different than here on the Isle. There's very little information of a large amount of "bad things" being sealed in places or ruins...." He just began typing again, until it hit him.

"Hold on....if it's not through their own volition, then....is someone....or something causing overblots to happen on purpose and by force?!.....Nah, too cliche!" He brushed it off. "But all, if not Most overblots were caused not only by the overuse of their magic. Combining that with the unstable emotions of a mage...it's a recipe for disaster. It's what everyone says, but it's not as easy....overblot is led to by cause and effect; a chain of events in the past of misfortune....it can't be helped that their hearts burn just by feeling those emotions. We can't control what the heart really feels....even if we wanted to....I mean, if we can halt it artificially, STYX wouldn't even be here in the first place!...Ugh, but human beings are too equipped by these troubling things as standard equipment. Instability and an uncontrollable mind act as a virus....it's but an initial failure....why can't we find a debug....Ugh, I'm getting tired just overthinking...." a ping sounded from another app he had opened recently.

"Huh?" He hummed as he clicked it open. "Message from CrimsonMuscles?" his eyes widened as soon as he saw the name. "Oh crap! We promised to play the quest on expert mode today due to the update! I completely forgot! I didn't even install the latest extended version on my computer...but I can't play it today cuz of work...." Just as he decided to message him and tell him plans were cancelled, he got beaten to the punch.

CrimsonMuscles: So...about the dungeon mission we promised to play tonight?

NekuraSamurai: Oh yeah! Sorry, I've got something to handle IRL....