E

(Author's Note: this chapter, as well as some in the future, will switch in between first and third person POV. Also, I'm still trying to get over a sore throat as of late. But at least being bedridden means I get to work more on this story!)
————————————
A gasp flies from my lips and my eyes open.

It was morning. The mirror was gone. And I'm safe in my room.

I look around, and everything seemed....normal. Like any day.

But the feeling of eyes, those eyes, were still on me.

All through the morning, I was mentally shaking. Those eyes were burned into my mind, and no matter where I turned I could still feel them on me, analyzing my every move. And it was starting to unnerve me.

At least I stayed in control for most of the morning and afternoon. Breakfast, reading, even thinking to myself. And making sure THAT door was locked. But those eyes wouldn't leave me.

"You seem to be in a bit of a muddle." I look up in surprise. It was aunt Sam, sitting next to me. Wait, when did she get here? Was I thinking too much to notice things around me? Most likely.

"I've just...been thinking." I shake my head, looking back at the carpet. I feel her rubbing my arms as if I'm cold.

"Well, signorinella, I may not know what's going on in that pretty little head of yours, but-" she turns to face me. "I'll tell you something that I told your mother when she was stuck in a time like this." She takes Hernandez in mine. They felt so soft, loving and warm, much like her towards me and my siblings. "I'm here for you. We all are. No matter where you turn, you'll never be truly alone. And if you do feel trapped....When all odds are against you, there is always a way out. Never let your fears, your weaknesses, control you. When you find what they are, you can turn them to your advantage, and become stronger than before." She looks me sternly in the eye, as if demanding that I absorb what she's saying. I don't break my face from hers. Not for a second.

"Wait right here. I've something I need to give you." She gets to her feet and scurries upstairs. My eyes follow her as she moves down the hall. I could only think about what she said until she came back.

"You mother wanted me to give this to you....as a little something to help you." She explained. I molded as she produced what was in her hands. "It's been in the Luchessi bloodline for many years. Passed down from one Luchessi woman to the next. And now it's yours, Charlotte."

A pendant. Three flower-like petals With a small diamond in the middle. Hanging from a sturdy gold chain.

"Auntie...it's beautiful!" I breath out. She unclasps it and puts it around my neck. It hung perfectly against my collarbone.

"Whenever you look at this, just remember what I told you. And you'll find that inner strength." She tilted my head up with her hand on my cheek. I nod and mouth a silent "thank you".
——————————————
The clock in the hall tolled it's tune, signaling it was noon.

Charlotte shot up from her place on the couch. A woven blanket was draped over her form. She must've passed out a while after her talk with aunt Sam.

The first thing she saw was a crisp white and blue parchment of note paper sitting under a coaster on the coffee table.

Charlotte,