Until Again

A/n: ... MLB is such a mess right. What happened? How did it come to this? Are you all alright? Because I'm not. 

Anyway, I'm alive. And this story is too! 

For now.

How have you been?

"My lady..." 

Ladybug turned to her partner with a smile, expecting another 'pound it' after another successful mission in defeating Mr. Pigeon, however, all she received was the saddened face of her partner. "Kitty? What's wrong?" she asked. 

Chat Noir winced when he heard the nickname. He turned to his partner and shook her head. "I'm sorry, my lady..." He said. "But... I can't do this anymore."

"What?" Ladybug's eyes widened and she lifted her hands to do something. Anything. But she realized that she had no idea how to react. "What... What do you mean?"

"This," Chat replied, gesturing at himself. At his costume. "Ladybug, I can't do this anymore. Because I don't deserve it."

"Chat Noir, that's not true--"

"Yes, it is!" Chat snapped, surprising the red clad hero once more. Her face contorted in sadness then confusion to sadness again. He hissed to himself and turned away, unable to make reach his partner's eyes. 

He took a deep breath then confessed, "My lady... Even though I am a hero in this costume... I am not without it. And what is there to a book without any substance?"

Ladybug gasped, finally able to realize what Chat Noir was trying to say. "Chat Noir, you don't mean..."

"I'm forfeiting my ring, my lady."

Ladybug couldn't hear her earing beep and only watch as Chat Noir walked towards her. He took her hand and placed a gentle kiss on it. "Until we meet again, Ladybug. But for now, goodbye." He let her hand fall then grabbed his baton, jumping onto the roof and out of Ladybug's sight.

Forever.