Nino

"Marinette! How are you?" Nino asked from the other side of the phone. Marinette smiled at the sight of her childhood friend and slightly giggled at the sight of his background being his messy bedroom with his clothes all over the place. 

During the summer, Nino received a scholarship for a prestigious music school in England. Nino was more than happy to know he was as close as ever to fulfilling his dream career. The first person he told the news to was Marinette, and she was as excited as he was and urged him to follow his dream. Alya, however, did not like the sound of a long-distance relationship and told him to stay. Nino was bewildered by his girlfriend's request, or more likely, demand. They had argued over the decision and when he brought up Marinette, Alya snapped and stormed into the bakery and yelled at Marinette in front of multiple customers.

That was the breaking point for Nino. And in front of the whole bakery, he dumped her. He felt relief and guilt for humiliating her in front of so many people but was finally able to break this toxic relationship. Alya never stopped blaming Marinette for Nino's decision ever since. 

Marinette smiled at the camera. Her day sucked and she wished she could just cry in front of the cam, but that would be embarrassing. So, she answered, "I'm fine."