Traps

Felix wasn't at lunch today, Nathaniel noticed. 

Crap. 

Nathaniel excused himself from his table to go find Marinette. There was an inkling feeling in his stomach that he did not like and the last time he had that feeling was when Rose dragged him to that class meeting.

Nathaniel exited the cafeteria and made his way to the court. He spotted the blunette that was just about to enter the locker room. He dashed towards her and called, "Marinette!"

Uneasiness settled into him as he attracted more attention than he needed. Marinette glanced at him and stood where she was until Nathaniel was finally close enough so they could have a private conversation. 

"What is it, Nathaniel?" Marinette asked. 

Nathaniel was in and out of the last class meeting he attended and knew, in his judgment, enough to keep Marinette from harm. He owes it to her. 

"I don't... I don't think that you should... You should go... In the locker room, I mean..." Nathaniel wasn't a very confrontational person. Yeah, he could talk about comics, books, and arts with someone like Marc and have no problem. But this was an ex-friend he was talking to. Maybe she won't believe him and blame him when something bad happens to her and then he would be praised for taking down the bully all on his own and-

"Why?" Marinette asked, waiting for the redhead to answer. 

Nathaniel fiddled with his fingers and glanced at the door before looking down again. He muttered, "there's a... There's a trap waiting for you inside."

Marinette stared at him and Nathaniel could only squirm underneath her gaze. She then glanced at the door and pushed it open. After a few seconds, flour and sugar were poured all over the floor on where Marinette was supposed to stand. She glanced back at the boy who still had not left his spot and remained uncomfortable. 

She smiled at him. "Thanks," Marinette said, patting his shoulder and entered the locker room.

It was only a few moments before Nathaniel had processed what had happened. His feet jumped up when he remembered there were traps in her locker too. "Marinette, wait!"