Colorful Carnival

Start from the beginning

Turning so I can see myself clearing in the mirror my brown eyes shine with a brilliant gold color almost like gold coin.

My brown hair drying quickly as my heart shape face and gold eyes shine back at me through the mirror.

Alex taps my knee, I turn my head to him, his bright blue eyes watching me. The little packets of contacts sitting in his hand.

"Can you do it." I nod as the little bubble like packets are placed carefully in my open hand.

I place the emerald green contacts within my eyes, I look into the mirror to almost find a completely different person staring back at me. Green eyes like fresh grass shine brightly from under long dark lashes.

Hopping down from the counter my bare feet touch the cool ground. Alex hands me a clean pair of black shoes, I slip them on easily. "So I have a question that has been nagging at me for quite a while."

"Okay ask away then." Alex responds almost automatically. "So you just leave Ben for weeks by himself."

Alex tenses before his shoulders relax quickly. "He understands, we don't have much, so I have to work to put food on the table for him." Alex states quickly but I do catch the word work, he is away mostly for work, am I his work.

The bathroom not being filled as I watch him carefully. "Work, is this work." I watch him as his fingers glide through the bag.

"What do you mean." He never raise his head to look at me as I have millions of unanswered questions buzzing and bouncing around in my mind, like a unsolved puzzle.

"I think you know what I mean." My voice suddenly icy breaking the calm atmosphere that was once circling slowly around us.

"Emily this is the last occasion, I'm finishing it all for good." I watch him as the look in his blue eyes is sincere.

"Okay." I quietly reply as he turns away from me with a frown on his lips. "Come on I have some places I would like you to see." Alex happy care free voice is back but the way he states that he was finishing is making my skin crawl.

"Okay let's go." He grabs my hands and pulls my out of the hotel room, the little plastic key in my pocket we travel down the elevator.

A couple no older then late thirties stand in the elevator with us, their eyes flickering back and forth between Alex and I.

As the doors open a mans voice reaches my ears. "Better watch your back." I turn only to find them both staring with cold eyes only towards me.

Looking toward Alex, who has his head straight forward as if he did not hear a single thing that come from the mystery mans lips, we walk through the many loud games as I start to forget the event in the elevator.

Groans of loss and happy squeals of loads of won cash come from all around me as Alex leads me slowly through the hotel.

Slutty girls in tight dresses sway their hips waiting for a men to become a millionaires, their red lips pucker and pursed as they scan the crowd like hawks.

The doors open wide as warm air wraps around me tightly, Las Vegas alive and so loud I feel my own ears ringing.

The sound of cheers and the colors of odd looking cloths slide past my view as a massive grin turns up onto my face.

The place like a carnival that never leaves or sleeps, my feet slapping down on the pavement as Alex pulls me down the busy sidewalk. People laugh and joke as cars roll up asking if they need rides.

People smile widely, children grip onto their parents as everyone waits for the light to change, the cross walk fills with people as we all eagerly want to get to the other side.

Alex pulls me to a little place that flashes back into my mind, Denny's, the red sign still lights up as humans walk in and out of the building.

The smell of coffee and toast hits me with full force, the smile that widens on my face makes my cheeks hurt.

We wait for a while before we are taken to a booth that has bright red chairs that sit on both sides of a fake wood table.

Sitting down we have a lovely breakfast that I finish with a steaming cup of coffee that brings memories back. The taste of toast and pancakes still lingering in my mouth as the smell of rich coffee enters my nose, like a warm hug.

My own city comes into my view, the coffee shop that I once loved, the place were I meet this crazy and amazing man.

We pay and leave with stomachs full and smiles on our faces.

As we leave Alexs stops and curses under his breath before I feel like my lungs have lost all air in them. "Alex my man, when did you get to Vegas." The same guy that almost found me under the bed.

"Parker, hi." Alexs speaks with a tense and stiff back as I stand like a statue behind him.

"Man you missed the best babe fest, the boobs man." Parker holds his hands up and acts as if he is cupping around an objects that I can only guess is the word he said before.

"So large man I wonder if they where home grown. Oh, hello little lady." His eyes slide pass Alex and land directly on me. The scar still jagged and running directly done his face.

I manage a weak smile as I feel like spitting in his face. " A shy one, cute." Parker says quite loudly as his pulls the leather jacket tightly around him, the glint of a knife within his pocket.

The fear I always feel for such a knife manifesting in my core.

He walks straight past Alex and takes my hand suddenly, "Parker." Alex warns slowly as I look directly into the mans dark eyes full of nothing but hatred for my species.

Trying not to make my smile flat I turn away so he can not look to deeply into my eyes, the contacts work but not that good.

"Amazing green eyes you have." He says as he quickly lets go of my hand. "Thank you." I reply weakly as I grasp Alexs hand in my own.

Parkers eyes flicker to our hands as a look slowly crosses over his face, fear slides deeply into my skin as I watch his eyes.

---------------
So how was that, tell me!
Thank you for reading
Comment and vote.
So what do you think of PARKER
Thanks got reading

Go read my new short scary stories in Rest in pieces.

It is just a bunch of made up shirt one chapter stories.

-kiss kiss