Chapter 119

Adam

Courtney finished her breakfast. "Okay, I have to start headin' to class. It's all the way across campus. I'll see y'all later." Courtney said. We all looked at her and smiled.

"Bye Courtney." We all said. She got up and slung her backpack over her shoulder and left.

"Yeah, we should leave too." Everyone agreed. We all got up and put our backpacks over our shoulder. The bell rang. We all started to head in different directions. I stood where I was. I sighed and turned to Charlie's direction.

"Charlie!" I yelled. He stopped walking and I ran up to him. "I need to talk to you for a second." He looked behind him, then back at me.

"Yeah, but can you make it quick? Catie's waiting for me."

"I'm gonna ask Courtney to marry me in three days." I blurted. Charlie stared at me.

"I have time." Charlie said, sitting down. I sat down with him. "So you're really gonna ask her?" I smiled and nodded.

"I don't wanna lose her, Charlie. She's my life." I stated. He smiled. "So, I wanted to get your permission, to marry Courtney." He smiled and padded my shoulder.

"You're like a brother to me, Adam. I give you my blessing. Here, follow me." He said as he got up.

"Wait, aren't you going to class?" I asked as I got up. He looked at me.

"What's more important?" He asked. I smiled.

"I see your point." I stated. Charlie started to laugh.

"Come on." Charlie said. We started to head down to the dorms.

"Why are we going to the dorms?" I asked.

"You'll see."

_________________________

"Okay, here's her dorm." Charlie said. He got a key out and put it in the door and opened it.

"Dude, why are we going-"

"Look out for anyone. I'll be right back." Charlie demanded.

"Wait Cha-" Before I could finish my sentence, he closed the door on my face.