Chapter 7

Adam

I was on the bench at the empty ice rink. I was staring off into space. My skates were next to me. I was thinking of Courtney. All the memories: The fights I fought for her, our kisses, our dancing, and our hockey games. But the first thing I remember is the first time I met her at the lake.

I need to do this.

I bent down and took off my shoes and tied on my skates. I stood up. I put my first skate on the ice, then my second.

This is the first time I have been on the ice from seven years.

I started to ice skate. I still had it. I was still ice skating good. I was really happy. I started to do sprints, vines, cross-overs, everything. Man, do I miss hockey.

__________________________

I put on my vest. Charlie called me about twenty-five minutes ago to tell me that he was coming by to pick me up to rollerblade over to the college. I sat down on my bed and started to put my knee pads and my elbow pads on. The college already took our bags and put them in our dorms. I stared to tie my skates on. I heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"Come in." I called out. I looked up and saw Dad. He smiled.

"Congrats son." He said. I smiled.

"Thanks Dad." I replied. I stood up and Dad hugged me.

"I'll visit and watch games." He stated. I nodded. "Your friends are out there, too." I nodded once again. He followed me out there and I saw Charlie. But not just Charlie, the rest of the Ducks, except for Courtney. They were all just standing out on the driveway in a huge line. I smiled.

"Hey guys!" I yelled.

"Hey Adam." They all said, not moving their bodies.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked. Charlie came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Adam, your never gonna believe this." Charlie implied. I chucked.

"Believe what?" I asked. I looked over and everyone broke from the line. And there stood a girl. But not any girl.

It was Courtney.