Chapter 78

Adam

My jaw dropped.

Did Matt just ask Courtney to prom?

I was suppose to ask Courtney to prom! Courtney's back was to me so I don't know what Courtney's face looked like right now.

Was she happy? Was she about to cry?

"Yes!" Courtney yelled. She got closer to Matt and kissed him. I fell back and Charlie and Guy caught me. Everyone started to clap for them. Charlie and Guy lifted me up back on my skates. I looked at them.

"Sorry Adam." Charlie apologized. I stared at him.

"Did you know about this?" I asked Charlie. He paused.

"He's gonna ask her something else too, but later on." Charlie stated. I shot him a confuse look.

"What?" I asked. Charlie shook his head.

"Never mind." Charlie said. I looked back at Courtney. Matt had his arm around Courtney. She was smiling, but not the smile like she was happy, the smile like she was a little sad, but okay at the same time.

Courtney looked at me, then stopped smiling. We were just staring at each other. I shook my head, then skated off.

"Adam?" I heard Courtney ask. I didn't stop, I kept on skating. "Adam!" I finally got to the door of the ice rink and got off the ice. I started to go down the ramp and started to head to the locker room.

"Adam! Stop!" Courtney screamed. I stopped and faced her. She took off her helmet and held it at her side. "Adam, the hell was that?" She asked.

"Go ask Matt the question." I blurted. She shot me a confused look.

"What?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I love you." I blurted again. She paused. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it quickly. I swallowed hard. "Mostly you would say 'I love you too' back when I say that." Courtney started to tear up.

"Adam..." Her voice started to fade. I stayed silent, waiting for her to talk. "Adam, I love Matt. And I love..." She paused.

"You can't even freaking say it Courtney!" I snapped. "I still love you! No matter what! And you keep leaving me-"

"Adam Banks! I can't just love you! I need to have other chances with other guys. You can't be the only guy in my life." She explained.

"Or can I?" She rolled her eyes.

"You're unbelievable." She snapped. She turned around, then left.