Chapter 44

Courtney

I already left the store. I was almost at Hans place. It was pretty cold, cold enough to wish I had a jacket. I walked by many closed stores. It was 7:02 in the morning, so I wouldn't be to surprised if a store was closed.

I looked to my left and saw a café, but not any café, the café me and Adam kissed in when him and James got into that fight.

The fight that broke us up.

I put my head down and kept walking. Kept going, kept moving.

_________________________

I looked inside the window to see if he was sharpening skates. He wasn't there. I went to the back door and opened the door.

"Hans?" I called out. No response. I walked in some more. I walked over to the sharpening station and the shop, but he wasn't there. "Hans?" I asked again. I walked over to the sitting area. I started to walk around until my foot hit something soft.

I looked down and nearly passed out. "Hans!" I yelled. I bent down to his still body lying across the floor. "Shit!" I screamed again. I heard someone walk threw the back door. I looked over and saw Coach Bombay walk in. I stood up and ran to him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Hey Courtney! Whatcha doing at Hans place?" He asked with a little laugh. I started to tear up. Coach stopped smiling at me and looked at me dead in the eye. He put his hands in my shoulders. "Courtney? What's wrong?" He asked nervously. I felt a hot tear run down my face.

"Hans... Hans...." I kept on repeating.

"What's wrong with Hans?" He snapped. I couldn't talk at all. Coach stopped gripping my shoulders and ran into the sitting room and froze. He looked back at me.

"Call 911, now!"