Chapter 3

Courtney

I was packing up my suitcase. I was really exited to be going back home to Minnesota and to see Charlie again. Maybe I can see Adam. Anyway, I was going through my dressers for shirts to pack up. I couldn't find one of my favorite shirts.

"Where is it?" I mumbled under my breath. I threw out lots of shirts from the dressers. Then, I found something in the way back. I pulled it and unfolded it. It's was my Ducks jersey. I flipped it over and saw the number and name. "Jane, #32". I smiled. I went over and folded it again and put it in my suitcase.

"Ready to go?" I heard May ask. I looked up and saw her leaning on the door jam.

"I'm gonna miss you, May." She smiled. We walked to each other and hugged.

"I'm gonna miss you too." May whispered. We let go. She looked down at my suitcase. "Is this your old jersey?" She asked. She went over and grabbed it. She looked at the front, then at the back. I sat down on the bed.

"Yeah. My first real hockey team; The Ducks." I smiled. "That's actually where I met my first crush." May looked up at me and smiled.

"What's his name?" May asked.

"Adam Banks. We dated for a couple of weeks, then thought it was better to," I paused. "Not date for a while." May nodded. "I miss him a lot. I still remember what he looked like. Blond hair, blue eyes, perfect height. Beautiful and great personality. He loved me like crazy." May smiled even more.

"Did you love him back?" May asked. I smiled and nodded.

"I guess I did. He was amazin'. Protective, sweet, calm. Had no one hurt me." I explained. I zoned out. I started to think about the first time I laid eyes on him at the lake. I remember walking away as the rest of the original team attacked Coach's car.

I can still see it. I was talking to myself about how I wanted to be a professional hockey player, then, running into him. Seeing him for the first time.

Seeing his eyes lock with mine. I was amazed. I still remember everything that night. My heart racing, I tried not to go crazy. But he was perfect. And I loved him.

No....

I love him.