Chapter 45

Adam

I was sitting on my bed in my dorm. Closing my eyes, wondering why I let myself get to this. How I could have done this to Courtney. Left the team and accuse her of dating Charlie. I should have just kept my mouth shut.

I mean, Courtney can do anything she wants. She's twenty-two years old and on her own. She can date whoever and do whatever she wants. I can't control her.

But why did I do that?

Embarrassed her like that, and myself. I shook my head and got up.

I looked at my clock, 8:30. I walked over to my closet and went inside to pick out my outfit.

Ring, ring, ring!

I jumped out of my own skin. I looked over and saw the phone ringing. I rubbed my right eye as I slowly walked over to the phone. I picked it up and softly placed it against my ear.

"Hello?" I said weakly.

"Adam?" I heard a girl asked. I stopped rubbing my eye.

"Yeah, who's this?" I asked.

"Courtney. Look Adam, get James and come down to Hans workshop, and quick." She said in a rush.

"Courtney? What's wrong?" I asked.

"No time to explain, just get down here!" I heard her yell, then she hung up. I put the phone down fast and ran to my closet. I took of my pajama bottoms and went searching for my jeans.

Once I found them, I threw them on, same with my shirt. I ran out of my room searching for James. I started go run into the ice rink to see if James was practicing.

James and I have been trying to become friends. I mean, we have been talking sometimes, he's not as mad at me like Charlie and Courtney. I ran into the double doors that went into the ice rink. I ran over to the glass and saw James doing sprints.

"James!" I screamed. I saw him stop real quick, then look up at me. I motioned him over. He sprinted up to me and stopped.

"Hey Adam, what's up?" He asked with long breaths. I shook my head. "What? What I do? I just got here!"

"No, it's not you, it's Courtney. She wants us to meet her down at Hans workshop right now." I explained. He nodded slightly.

"Okay, let me get my skates off real quick." He stated. He got out of the door and started to make his way to the locker room in a jog.