Chapter 86

Adam

We were in the locker room getting in our regular clothes. It was twelve o'clock and there was four hours left until prom. I had a bad feeling about tonight, I don't know why.

"I'm so tired." Goldberg complained as he sat down on the bench by his locker.

"Goldberg, you didn't even do anything." I heard Guy yell from the other side of the locker room.

"Yeah, but you sure did." Russ stated. Everyone started to laugh except for Courtney. She started to blush as she started to put everything in her bag. I looked down, then looked inside my locker.

"Shut up Tyler!" Guy snapped.

"Well, it's true." Charlie blurted.

"You shut up too Conway." Guy yelled.

"Aye, don't tell Charlie to shut up." Courtney demanded. I looked at her. Her bag was on the bench and she was standing behind it, facing her open locker. She was staring inside her locker. She looked at me.

"Look! I said I'm sorry!" Guy confessed.

"So?" Fulton yelled.

"You're not part of this, Reed." Guy stated.

"Don't talk to him like that." Connie snapped.

"You're not the boss of me." Guy snapped at Connie.

"I don't care. You're not going to talk to Fulton like that." Connie replied. Complete silence.

"Why did you even have to kiss Courtney? I think you knew it was gonna cause trouble." Les implied.

"I'll tell you why. Guy broke up with my and is trying to get me jealous." Connie answered.

"No!" Guy yelled.

"Guys, let's not fight. It'll split up the team." I yelled for everyone to hear. Another pause.

"I'm not trying to get you jealous!" Guy stated, ignoring my suggestion.

"Yes you are!" Connie snapped.

"No! I still love you!" Guy confessed. I looked to my left and saw Guy walk by the door, then Connie ran up to him and grabbed his arm.

"What do you mean you still love me?" Connie asked softly. I stared at Guy. He turned around and faced Connie. He nodded shyly.

"Yeah, I do." Guy replied.

"Then why did you break up with me?" Connie asked.

"I heard you talking to Julie about how you are starting to like Banks."