Chapter 18

Courtney

I was in the locker room getting ready. We had to get new jerseys. It was light blue with the word "Lightning" crossed it with white letters and it was black on the shoulders. It had "Jane #32" on the back too with white letters. It was pretty cool. Charlie came walking into locker room and saw me.

"Courtney?" He asked. I looked up at him.

"Yeah?" He gave me a confused look.

"Aren't you on the varsity team?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. I wanna stay here with y'all." I replied. Charlie sighed.

"Wish Banks though the same way." Charlie said as he put his bag down and sat down on the bench.

"What?" I asked. He looked back at me.

"Banks agreed to play for varsity." Charlie explained. I stared at him.

"Why?" I asked. Charlie shrugged. We just lost Adam. One of the best players. I rolled my eyes and got on my jersey. I got up, grabbed my stick and helmet, and left the locker room. I need to get away. I finally got onto the ice and started to skate around. Why in the world would Adam leave?

"Courtney!" I heard someone yell. I looked over to the stands and saw Adam waving to me. He started to climb down to the ice rink door. I skated over to him and opened the door.

"Adam, what are you doin' here?" I asked.

"To see you." He replied. I turned around to make sure no one was there, then turned back.

"Adam, I think you should leave." He looked at me with shock.

"Why?"

"Because, you left the team for varsity and everyone is mad at you. You should go before you get hurt." I warned. Adam shook his head in disbelief.

"Are you mad at me?" Adam asked softly. I shrugged quickly.

"I don't know yet." Adam sighed.

"I'm sorry, Courtney." He apologized. I heard the team start to come out.

"Bye Banks." I said with a quite voice, and before he got the chance to say something, I skated away.