Chapter 35

Courtney

I skated over to the library to meet up with Charlie. I dodged about fifteen people in the hallway, but anyways, it was a smooth ride.

I finally stopped at the library and saw Charlie talking to a group of girls. I rolled my eyes and skated over to him.

"Hey Charlie." I said. I looked over at the girls. They gave me a little bit of a dirty look.

"Is this your girlfriend?" One of them asked in a snotty way. Charlie looked at me.

"Yeah. Guys, this is Courtney Jane." Charlie said, grabbing my hand and we locked fingers. Okay, I guess I just, play it off?

"Hey guys." I said softly. They rolled their eyes.

"Whatever, come on guys." The girl demanded. They turned around and started to walk away.

"What's goin' on?" I asked, trying to get out of Charlie's grip.

"Hold on, just hold my hand a little longer." Charlie said.

__________________________

Adam

I was walking over to the library to return my books and to get another one before the game with Freshmen. Three girls came by and started to talk smack about someone.

"I can't believe Charlie got a girlfriend, I mean, I have liked him from the start. And he chooses her?!" She said as she walked by. Charlie got a girlfriend? I shrugged and waked around the corner.

I looked up and saw Charlie and Courtney. I backed up and peeked around the corner. I saw Courtney and Charlie talking, while holding hands. What is going on? I saw Charlie lean over and kiss Courtney on the check. She started to blush. She looked up at him.

"This is between us, right?" Courtney asked. Charlie nodded.

"Defiantly. Between us." Charlie replied. Courtney nodded.

"Okay. I don't want Adam to figure out. It'll break his heart. Let's go." Courtney said. They let go of each other's grip and skated away. I put my head down. I guess Courtney really did move on.

For good.