Chapter 71

Courtney

I got up from my seat and walked over to Coach Bombay and Charlie. I sit down in between them. "Okay, now I'll have the Freshmen side tell me the story." The judge called out. I looked at Coach Bombay. He brought his briefcase up onto of the table and opened it. He got out a stack of papers. Then he got up.

"Coach." I whispered. He looked down at me. "Glide the puck, don't go to fast." He smiled, then nodded. He walked in front of the judge.

"Are you even lawyer?" Mr. Lack called out from his chair.

"I have been for fifteen years, Lack." Coach called out without looking at him. He got the stack of papers and handed it to the judge. "Hello, my name is Gordon Bombay, but to the freshmen, I'm Coach Bombay.

I have been to law school and I was a lawyer until I got caught for DUI and had to do a community service that changed my life, becoming a hockey coach. Anyway, I have known this kids ever since they were ten to twelve years old.

They are not bad kids. They are not perfect, but they're not bad. Yes, they did prank the varsity team only because the varsity team pranked them first." Coach explained.

"I object!" Mr. Lack yelled.

"Overruled. Go on." The judge said.

"I will not call up any witnesses. Like one of my clients said, it's a court case for scholarships, not a murder case." I smiled. "And also, I don't have to call anyone up.

The papers you have in your hand is a contract, sighed by the principal, who is Mr. Stafford, and the freshmen team and Adam Banks, the only varsity player who's in this case.

That contract clearly states that these students cannot leave this school unless they broke a law, which they never did, choose to leave, which they never did, or finish their time at the University of Minnesota." I saw Coach Orion come up to me.

"He's good." He whispered. I laughed.

"He's just getting started."