Chapter 6

Jace and I have decided that our children will grow up to be part normal and part special. On the one hand, they go to Mundies high school and receive demon-slaying training in the afternoons. Jase gave me the choice to do it and I felt our kids should have a chance to be normal too. After all, I've also lived as a mundie for decades. But unlike me, my children have the chance to experience both. Izzy, Simon, Magnus and Alec also thought that they too could lead normal lives. Surprisingly, Izzy and Simon got together. After Simon went to Shadowhunters Academy, he felt that he and Izzy weren't a good match. But I had a different opinion from the start. However, I held back. I didn't want there between sparks.
"Chiara, Janik are you coming? We don't want to be late." I call upstairs. Janik pushes past me and wants to leave the house, but I hold him back. "Where are you going?"
"Mum! I wanted to go to school together with Samuel, Max and Markus." I nod after shaking my head.
"After you, no worries. Our son knows how to defend himself." A moment later I feel his arms around me. And I snuggle up to him.
"I know!" I concede resignedly.

After my mother got married I decided to live a reasonably normal life again. Which is why I decided to teach at a school.
"And besides, Alec and Maguns will protect him from any nonsense." he adds after a few seconds of silence. I turn in his arms to face him. I put my cheek against his strong chest.
"I'm starting to think he's ashamed of me," I mumble. I can feel his breathing pause for a moment.
"Don't say something like that. He loves you the way you love him. Only he doesn't show it that way. Believe me," he reassures me.
"What do you mean?" I ask slowly.
"You know I joined the Lightwoods when I was 10. I went through a phase where I acted like that. But I also learned to get through it."
"Wait! You walked all over the Lightwoods." I tease him. But it doesn't seem to bother him. Lost in thought, I stroke his well-trained upper arms. I feel his lips on my forehead. Walk down slowly. His lips are already touching mine. The whole world around me seems to sink. Until I hear a throat clearing behind me. We part, startled. In the wall mirror behind me I can see my face flushed. Chiara, who also has a red face, looks embarrassed to the side.
"T-I'm really sorry. I-I didn't want to interrupt, but let's get going!" she stutters. I nod and leave the house together. My husband is staying at home for a while. He will meet up with the others at the institute later to discuss the incident I guess I won't get to that until it's pretty late, or I'll be lucky and get out of school sooner.

Shadowhunters City of Love (English Version)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें