Chapter 2

I can see her from afar. She is wearing her high heels as usual. Also a tight dress. She wears a stylish leather jacket over the dress. Her hair falls far down her back. She left them open. They glitter slightly in the last light of the sun.
"Hi Clary," she says in greeting. I return her greeting while we briefly hug. Together we enter the Pandemonium, which used to belong to Magnus. But he left it in safe hands. There is already a long queue at the entrance.
"Oh great and I thought we'd get in without further ado!" says my friend annoyed. I'm about to tell her that it doesn't matter how long we have to wait when a person approaches us.
"Izzy, Clary, how nice to see you!" Magnus says in greeting.
"What are you doing here?" I ask in surprise. The chief warlock of Brocklyn just smiles. Without a word, he turns and leaves. Izzy and I just exchange a questioning look. Nevertheless, we follow him and enter the club without further problems. As soon as we are inside, Magnus is already gone.
"Do you feel that too?" I ask my girlfriend. I have to scream so that she understands me. She only narrows her eyes. Then she nods in agreement. As a precaution, she pulls her red necklace out from under her shirt and looks at him. It pulses slightly.
"Now there's trouble!" she says. I nod in agreement. How right she is. We retreat to a quiet corner and draw our angelic rune. A moment later we're already wearing our shadowhunter clothes. After she nodded to me, we set off.
"Where do we have to go?" I ask. She briefly closes her eyes. Then she turns left. I'm on her heels. Together we hunt down the streets. Finally we come to a halt, stumbling in front of a wall.
"So what do we do now?" asks Iz.
"Do you trust me?" I ask. She hesitates for a moment, but then nods.
"Then follow me!" Together we climb up a house until we are on the roof. Now we can move much better. From roof to roof we chase the demon.