~10~

~OYINADE~

"So, what's your plan?", Ade said.
We were done cleaning. We then walked out of his house, through the kitchen door, to the patio.

He was clearly referring to how I planned to tell Mum and Dad that I wanted to join a sports team. He knew that they wouldn't be happy with my decision, especially my mum.

"What plan?", I asked, a mischievous smile tugging at the corners of my lips.
"Oh...you know what I'm talking about.", he said, throwing his hands in the air and dropping it in evident frustration.

"Oyinade, I'm serious. You need a plan", he said. He came closer till he was less than a foot away, placed each of his palms on my cheeks and held my face in place. He was staring at me so intensely. It felt as if he could see my soul.

"You..need..a..plan", he said, almost in a whisper. He probably wanted the words to sink in. Right? Because, why else did he walk so close to me and speak with that tone?

"Yeah, I'll think...think of something", I stuttered. I pulled his hand away from my face, taking each of his hands in mine and dropping it gently.

I rubbed my neck nervously. That felt odd. The fact that I could feel his breath on my face, how close our faces were to each other made me feel a certain way. I couldn't explain it.

"Or...I could just go with you. Best plan ever! Case solved!", he said, cheerily. He was completely oblivious that I withdrew from his grasp for a reason.

"Nope. You'll just make things worse.", I said, chuckling.
"If you go with me, I'll probably never run again", I laughed. He joined in the laughter and we both laughed so hard.

"Okay. Okay. You have a point. I'm a little bit chaotic", he said.
"Actually", I said, raising one of my eyebrows.
"Okay. Fine, more than a bit. But isn't that why you love me", he said, reaching out to hug me.

"Love who? You? You wish", I laughed, dodging his hug. He made a mock sad face.
"You don't want to admit it. Big head", he muttered.
"Wait, who's big head?", I retorted. He panicked immediately.

"You know what, let's watch a movie.", he said, he was trying to distract me so I wouldn't hit him, playfully of course. He walked hurriedly back into the house.
What he didn't know is that as soon as he mentioned movies, I couldn't care less about hitting him anymore. Why? I loved watching movies so much, almost as much as I loved reading novels.

"Yess. Which one?",
"Uhm..anyone you like", he said, grinning.
"Perfect!", I exclaimed. I placed my palm on my mouth after remembering that big mummy was asleep.
"Perfect!", I whispered. He chuckled.

We both walked over to the living room from the patio.
It was a bit cold, so Ade turned on the wall-mounted electric heater. He connected the 55 inches smart television to his Netflix account and chose 'All of us are dead', a Korean Netflix series. He asked if I wanted to watch it and I affirmed.

I slumped on the fuzzy rug in front of the tv while Ade went to the kitchen to make two bowls of popcorn. He brought it back in about five minutes and the movie started.

It was going so well until a zombie scene appeared on the screen. I tried to play it cool and kept watching. However, as soon as one of the zombies bit another cast member of the movie - who happened to be a student, I gasped.